Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It’s gone completely off at tangent and is being affected by arguments outside of the current O&D test that the PL have. Do they pass, yes or no, if no, on what grounds and can they change so that they do pass.

Piracy seems to be the issue based on that, so where are we?

Ok, the saudis have banned bein sport in SA and there's no legal way to broadcast PL games in SA at the moment.

But what has that to do if a company from SA is fit to own a PL club? It's a total different question.

Is there a rule that says, if it's not allowed to broadcast PL in a country they can't own a PL team?

In my world you could own a team anyway.

It's not a company from SA it's SA.

The PL themselves described PIF as a company in SA like.

whose chairman happens to be the crown prince of saudi arabia (and as far as I understand he's been making more and more decisions for the country the last few years) and its literally the public investment fund of saudi arabia how the hell can it not be considered an arm of the KSA goverment

But what difference does it make if it's a company, the crown prince or the king himself!

Just because bein is banned in SA, they can't own a PL club?

Still a totaly different question.

By blocking Bein, the value of the broadcasting rights just decreased considerably in the MENA region and they are fucking with a massive partner of the PL. Obviously the PL will take all that into consideration.

Ok, the saudis have banned bein sport in SA and there's no legal way to broadcast PL games in SA at the moment.

But what has that to do if a company from SA is fit to own a PL club? It's a total different question.

Is there a rule that says, if it's not allowed to broadcast PL in a country they can't own a PL team?

whose chairman happens to be the crown prince of saudi arabia (and as far as I understand he's been making more and more decisions for the country the last few years) and its literally the public investment fund of saudi arabia how the hell can it not be considered an arm of the KSA goverment

But what difference does it make if it's a company, the crown prince or the king himself!

By blocking Bein, the value of the broadcasting rights just decreased considerably in the MENA region and they are fucking with a massive partner of the PL. Obviously the PL will take all that into consideration.

Take this as me being ignorant, but is that relevant?

Of course it is to the PL, but by their own OD test, is that relevant?

Guest chopey

I think towards the end of this week we will start to here stories of back room management staff linked to jobs, agents getting twitchy and new players strongly linked, all prep for a Monday announcement

I think towards the end of this week we will start to here stories of back room management staff linked to jobs, agents getting twitchy and new players strongly linked, all prep for a Monday announcement

Which Monday, in which year?

- back room staff linked = some nonce to run the youth team

- agents getting twitchy = Saint Maximin linked with more clubs

- new players strongy linked = from Motherwell

- Monday announcement = "Ashley is strongly committed to run the club for the foreseeable future"

Of course it is not relevant, but unfortunately a fair few people on here are now so "twitchy" that they break down in anguish if the wind changes direction!

I keep on saying this, all is well and our long dreamed of positive announcement is not (now) far away.

C A L M . . .

Just because BEin have bought the rights to broadcast the EPL in MENA doesn't mean those countries have to screen the games BEin broadcast, in much the same way we in the UK don't have to subscribe to Sky if we don't want to watch the EPL.  I assume if random viewers in MENA want to pay a subscription fee to BEin to watch EPL games then they are free to do so, but its not compulsory to have to subscribe if you don't want to watch the EPL.  KSA clearly think that banning BEin from broadcasting in the KSA will weaken their ability to generate funding.  Not that they were generating funding in KSA beforehand due to the piracy from BEoutQ.  However I imagine not everyone in the KSA was into piracy and there may well have been a substantial number of viewers in the KSA who did pay a subscription fee to BEin in order to watch the EPL.  However, shutting down the piracy meant that the KSA footballing fans would then have to pay a subscription fee to BEin for the right to watch the EPL in the KSA.  Clearly the Saudi government don't want to allow BEin to benefit financially from the KSA due to BEin previously having them over a barrel in terms of monopolistic behaviour.  BEin paid £500m for the rights to broadcast to the whole of MENA.  In banning BEin from broadcasting in the KSA, the broadcasting region as a whole has now been dramatically reduced in size, which in turn, drastically reduces the revenue that can be generated by BEin.  In effect BEin were losing subscription fees due to piracy.  The KSA has now banned piracy in the KSA but has then ensured that BEin will not profit from banning the piracy by banning broadcasting in the KSA.  So by asking the EPL to block the PIF takeover until the piracy was eradicated, BEin will continue to lose the subscription fees from the KSA that was previously down to piracy, but crucially they have also lost any subscriptions that they were receiving from the KSA.  Hoisted by their own petard springs to mind!

I keep on saying this, all is well and our long dreamed of positive announcement is not (now) far away.

C A L M . . .

2Q9WCJ5.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

Still 100% confident, once the PL season ends this will go through. No-one knows anything!

- back room staff linked = some nonce to run the youth team

- agents getting twitchy = Saint Maximin linked with more clubs

- new players strongy linked = from Motherwell

- Monday announcement = "Ashley is strongly committed to run the club for the foreseeable future"

"Some nonce"  :lol: :lol:

Just because BEin have bought the rights to broadcast the EPL in MENA doesn't mean those countries have to screen the games BEin broadcast, in much the same way we in the UK don't have to subscribe to Sky if we don't want to watch the EPL.

What a weird comparison.

C A L M . . .

2Q9WCJ5.jpg

:lol:

The article in the Athletic, didn't say much but Chris Waugh in the comments admitted he is starting to fear the worst.

What does he say?

In response to a comment asking why they don't ring up the PL and ask them for a quote

You don’t think every journalist with a pulse has tried to get a quote? Something is seriously sideways. All hell is about to break loose, for the positive or the negative. I’m starting to fear the worst, as I’m sure most are. To quote Tom Petty, “the waiting is the hardest part.”

Doubt any grieving widow or MP letters have meant owt. more back and forth has gone on over their £££'s with BeIN which is clearly their only priority. based on absolutely nothing I reckon they're happy to approve but just waiting until the season is over because they're dickheads