Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The general apathy I've felt with football in general has definitely contributed to me posting less, it's unfortunate that apathy has lasted since 2009, anyway surely everyone knows the NFL thread is the place to be.  HTT even seems to have found his way there in the form of Shak.

I also regularly read the Sunderland and Middlesbrough boards and despite them performing even worse than us over the past Decade they certainly haven't had the huge drop off in posters this one has.

There's certainly more to it than team performance. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.

You got pelters because you were a prick.  One minute slagging the fans attending, the next you were going to the match, then back to slagging the fans before 'oh, whoops, got a season ticket'.

So little self-awareness it's unreal.

You get pelters for that yet 4 years ago someone told me they wanted Adam Johnson to rape my then 3 year old son which most of the usual suspects found hilarious.

Such a bizarre place really.

What a load of bollocks.

It's hardly something I'm going to make up like! About 4 years ago. 99% certain it was on a Sunday night.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway in amongst all of you waffling on like Boris Johnson last night is there any takeover news?

3.00pm briefing tomorrow apparently.

Get in the fkn sea.

I’ll be hitting the beach and surfing the wave of optimism the minute it’s over don’t you fret!

The general apathy I've felt with football in general has definitely contributed to me posting less, it's unfortunate that apathy has lasted since 2009, anyway surely everyone knows the NFL thread is the place to be.  HTT even seems to have found his way there in the form of Shak.

I also regularly read the Sunderland and Middlesbrough boards and despite them performing even worse than us over the past Decade they certainly haven't had the huge drop off in posters this one has.

There's certainly more to it than team performance. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.

You got pelters because you were a prick.  One minute slagging the fans attending, the next you were going to the match, then back to slagging the fans before 'oh, whoops, got a season ticket'.

You get pelters for that yet 4 years ago someone told me they wanted Adam Johnson to rape my then 3 year old son which most of the usual suspects found hilarious.

What a load of bollocks.

It's hardly something I'm going to make up like! About 4 years ago. 99% certain it was on a Sunday night.

I'm 99% certain any of the regulars on here wouldn't find that remotely hilarious.

The potential takeover will hopefully provide new beginnings for all of us, moving on from old pelters and any rancid craic of the past

We'll all be holding virual hands and singing hymns together in harmony once the deal is signed off

What a load of bollocks.

Link?

What a load of bollocks.

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?action=search

Can definitely remember me and kisearch[/member] having some heated disagreements about Jordan Peterson back in the day. Is it just not the case that most people who's opinions are the same, will naturally agree with each other will agree online like irl?

Yeah and FWIW I was a complete sucker as far as he was concerned. Never agreed with his bollocks but thought he was still being genuine and didn't recognise the grift until later.

This sub seems to have its regulars and anyone who pipes up with anything just gets slagged off and brushed off as a divvy.

That is possibly why the thread is constantly being browsed but no participation outside of the (cool) club is made that much.

Loads of ass hats in here. Shame really. Because this could be a good thread if it wasnt for a select few.

Its a clique i tell ya , a clique !

I don't think there is a 'clique' on here, what we do have is a group of very regular posters who tend to 'listen to' eachother and 'quote' eachother, and that seems fine, as they are the ones who have 'put the work in on here' and kept this forum going for years.

I have been on here for many years, but I don't post too often, so consequently I don't get "quoted or re-quoted" all that often either . . but I think that is ok.

We have some very good regular posters on here, who I enjoy reading !!

I've been on here about 11 years now and I've noticed there's a massive clique which has gradually become worse over the years and sadly turned what was a very active board into what had became a ghost town up until the takeover news.

It got to the point where you find yourself checking and rechecking your post before you press "post" to try and eliminate unusual culprits ripping it to shreds. In other words there was no fun in the place anymore which is why so many people walked away.

Hopefully there'll be an introduction of new posters join if this takeover goes through and maybe it can get back to where it once was because it was dying on its arse up until a couple of months ago.

This forum has lost long-time contributors due to the state of the club under Mike Ashley and the capitulation to, if not outright support for, the status quo from many supporters. They didn’t leave because some forum in-group hurt their feelings.

Definitely this. Funnily enough, I usually agree on football matters with some of the ones I've been arguing with about the Saudi takeover. I don't go in the politics forum at all, got done with all that stuff in other places years ago, don't really have the stomach for it these days.

There's no cliques, it's just a place to rant about football for the most part, and if people have left down the years it will be because they gave up on football under this current regime. No one gives a shit about cliques ffs. :lol:

Or at least they shouldn't. Fuck em!

Does being on here just shy of 10 years see me classed as ‘ Old Guard’?

Used to be a regular poster - now here in more of a voyeuristic capacity, in the off chance that someone may have snippets of info / be ITK.

Check in every day at least 2-3 times [emoji2371]

Thoroughly enjoyed this thread over the past 4-6 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk