Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I honestly think the Premier League are dragging their heals in the hope the buyers get fed up of the delay and pull the deal.  That way they don't have to make a decision.  They probs want to say No but know they can't.

I said this yesterday. They won't want to deal with all the media backlash which will come their way if they allow a Saudi backed investment firm to own a major British football club, even if legally, there's not much they can do about it. Hell, just look at our own fans, there's a vocal minority kicking up a stink even on here. The PL officials are probably hoping every passing day will give them some new fresh evidence which they can use to justify knocking it back.

I don’t think Masters strikes me as the most competent Premier League CEO either, was he not about 4th choice after previous successful applicants turned it down ?

For something he shouldn’t have even been commenting on at the weekend, he managed to create confusion. Get the feeling he could be a weak link in getting a fast resolution to this.

Not going to believe anyone now. Not even Caulkin . If it happens, it happens. If it's rejected then I'm done. Fuck the Premier League for being absolute hypocrites. Not going to even care about an Ashley/Bruce led NUFC.

The Caulkin argument falls down when you realise how wrong hes been in the last 7 weeks

On the podcast 4 weeks ago he said it would potentially be done in 24hrs.

Pretty sure he didnt say that.

Pretty sure he did mate. Cans adjacent I think was the phrase!

Basically the PL are stalling like fuck, and just waiting for someone to hand them a good enough reason to block the takeover.

I'm out.

This. Every time is is reported as close, another objection comes crawling out from somewhere. Someone somewhere with actual power wants this stopped for whatever reason.

No idea who really, but simplest thing would be to chase the money, and who benefits from this failure. Obvious and probably wrong answer is all other Premier League clubs, as the Saudi Wealth is bigger than the rest of League combined. like it or not the Premier League will listen to. Maybe BeIn, as they'd probably lose rights going forward.

Despite the negatively of this post, still think it will go through as PIF will throw a bit extra to the Premier League, and probably promise to bid for rights going forward.

The Caulkin argument falls down when you realise how wrong hes been in the last 7 weeks

On the podcast 4 weeks ago he said it would potentially be done in 24hrs.

Pretty sure he didnt say that.

Pretty sure he did mate. Cans adjacent I think was the phrase!

So it was you that decided that that meant 24 hours?

Other than saying 'it will happen' a couple of times, he hasn't stated anything as a fact, he's very careful about that.

Until it's completely broke down I don't think you can say he's been wrong about anything really. He's given one or two things as opinion (or probably what he's been told from the buying side) which people have hung on to as gospel.

He's also said on numerous occasions that it 'needs to play out' which is what we're seeing, back and forth with things that the buyers (hopefully) anticipated.

Caulkin definitely said about a month ago that it could be done by Wednesday. Although, in fairness he didnt specify which Wednesday.  :lol: :lol:

Could doesnt mean would

No but if it's an educated guess, its a bad one. He obviously doesnt have the deep connection we all thought.

Caulkin definitely said about a month ago that it could be done by Wednesday. Although, in fairness he didnt specify which Wednesday.  :lol: :lol:

Could doesnt mean would

No but if it's an educated guess, its a bad one. He obviously doesnt have the deep connection we all thought.

Because he made a stab in the dark & got in wrong?

This is feeling like when everyone was saying it was a "non-story" being blown up out of nothing by the media that Keegan was unhappy and going to quit.

I must admit, reading that article last night felt like the moment Fenton equalised against us for Blackburn in 95/96. I'm just about over that season, if we lose this takeover I think it would feel similar.

Obviously the buyers believed it was close back then.  So Caulkin reported that belief.  Until it's officially complete, which he never claimed it was, things can change.  Like when new unexpected documents are sent to the PL for review for instance..  The PL were likely informed they were going to received that report around that time, which has delayed things.

Obviously the buyers believed it was close back then.  So Caulkin reported that belief.  Until it's officially complete, which he never claimed it was, things can change.  Like when new unexpected documents are sent to the for review for instance..  The PL were likely informed they were going to received that report around that time, which has delayed things.

By a month?

Shouldn't the PL get this done ASAP before Project Restart gets underway? I'm sure once it does, there'll be plenty of problems and issues they will face then. It's not simply, 'ok we got a  date, the day comes, and its Live and then kick off' and all problems are solved.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this has actually been completed and the PL have cracked a deal with the consortium about when to announce it. Consortium announce the takeover complete early morning and PL announce restart at lunch time. The media will want to focus largely on the breaking restart news, and the subsequent resumption of the tedious fawning over Man U, Liverpool et al, minimising the outcry over the takeover. This would suit both the consortium and the PL.

The only spanner in the works, of course, is Ashley. Probably no way of stopping him blabbing.

Shouldn't the PL get this done ASAP before Project Restart gets underway? I'm sure once it does, there'll be plenty of problems and issues they will face then. It's not simply, 'ok we got a  date, the day comes, and its Live and then kick off' and all problems are solved.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this has actually been completed and the PL have cracked a deal with the consortium about when to announce it. Consortium announce the takeover complete early morning and PL announce restart at lunch time. The media will want to focus largely on the breaking restart news, and the subsequent resumption of the tedious fawning over Man U, Liverpool et al, minimising the outcry over the takeover. This would suit both the consortium and the PL.

The only spanner in the works, of course, is Ashley. Probably no way of stopping him blabbing.

Aye, Mike Ashley who's well known for keeping the fans in the loop!

Why aren’t our buyers kicking off with the premier league now, this is taking the p*ss, surely there has to be a cut off date, you can’t block or delay a takeover on the hope that some new evidence presents itself

Obviously the buyers believed it was close back then.  So Caulkin reported that belief.  Until it's officially complete, which he never claimed it was, things can change.  Like when new unexpected documents are sent to the for review for instance..  The PL were likely informed they were going to received that report around that time, which has delayed things.

By a month?

Delay by a month?  Why not?  They're told that the following week they will receive a important report from the WTO related to the takeover.  They'll then wait to get that report before approval.  Then they spend a couple of weeks looking into it legally and asking the buyers further questions related to that new info.