Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Given how little interest Ashely has had in the club over the last 10 years, anyone else at all concerned what's going to happen if he can't sell it? :lol:

I think most people won't give a damn what happens if he can't sell it as they'll be done with the club.

Given how little interest Ashely has had in the club over the last 10 years, anyone else at all concerned what's going to happen if he can't sell it? :lol:

Especially now with the financial mess of football

I think most people won't give a damn what happens if he can't sell it as they'll be done with the club.

On here, yeah. But not the match-goers.

On here, yeah. But not the match-goers.

Maybe "most" is too strong a word, but I think people checking-out won't just be confined to this forum.

Guest godzilla

Good point, the one time he is desperate to sell he actually may not be able to and with the way things are, I can see there being cuts galore and relegation coming with no immediate return either this time

Can see someone else stepping in and buying the club for less that the current bid. They will fly through the owner test but be far worse for the club and the area than the Staveley ‘vision’

The Southampton owner managed to fail and then pass the test in the time it’s taken for us to get to this stage 😂

fancy haven't to take your resits to see if you can own a club.  :lol:

I'm starting to mentally just prepare for the Ashley years to continue now.

Been like this since day 1. He's not gone until he's actually gone.

Better to always expect the worst. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised, not bitterly disappointed.

I'm starting to mentally just prepare for the Ashley years to continue now.

Been like this since day 1. He's not gone until he's actually gone.

Better to always expect the worst. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised, not bitterly disappointed.

He’d get the backlash for sure but for once it’s not because of something he did.

Has the new PL chief executive started yet? If not I wonder how that will work with the takeover? Surely if he has to come in and review everything so far that will make things even longer about making a decision.

Has the new PL chief executive started yet? If not I wonder how that will work with the takeover? Surely if he has to come in and review everything so far that will make things even longer about making a decision.

Masters was appointed in December and was already in post in as interim CEO.

Think you have confused CEO with Chair.

WTO have commented . . .

“We can confirm that Qatar initiated a WTO dispute settlement case against Saudi Arabia in October 2018 regarding the protection of intellectual property rights and that a panel was established in December 2018 to review Qatar’s claims. The panel proceedings and panel process remain confidential until the final report is circulated to WTO members.”

WTO have commented . . .

“We can confirm that Qatar initiated a WTO dispute settlement case against Saudi Arabia in October 2018 regarding the protection of intellectual property rights and that a panel was established in December 2018 to review Qatar’s claims. The panel proceedings and panel process remain confidential until the final report is circulated to WTO members.”

So we have to wait for that report ?

WTO have commented . . .

No as it's not a court with the ability to give a legal ruling.  Legally its no different to you or I doing a report from what I can understand.

WTO have commented . . .

If so I think it’s published 11/12 June.

WTO have commented . . .

Can you imagine what the Qatar forums have been like, waiting for this report ?

The Premier League can kiss goodbye to any potential future partnership with the Saudis should they side with Qatar on this. Look at what other league such as La Liga and Serie A have been building with the Saudis by arranging games over there and so on. Yes it might not bring mega money but if the PL are going to such a drama queen about a problem or issue that can actually be discussed, negotiated and solved, then it is their loss.