Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I think the EPL are deliberately deferring their decision in the hope that PIF will get fed up waiting for a decision and withdraw their takeover offer that's the only reason I can see for taking 12 weeks and more to decide whether they pass the O&D test.

I think the EPL are deliberately deferring their decision in the hope that PIF will get fed up waiting for a decision and withdraw their takeover offer that's the only reason I can see for taking 12 weeks and more to decide whether they pass the O&D test.

Christ.

Guest neesy111

Are N-O posters getting thicker? Probably.

:lol: :thup:

:lol:

That's definitely what would happen on a £300 million deal.

"Put your Out of Office on and wait until it they get fed up"

Agreed.

Agreed.

:lol:

Today is the day. I can feel it in my cock.

♫ ♬ I feel it in my fingers...

Fun fact (or not).  The song that replaced that wet wet wet song after shitloads of weeks at number 1 was take that with back for good.  The underlying chords are exactly the same.

Not saying Barlow is a copying cunt but......

Guest reefatoon

A few weeks ago, when all was being reported as being really close (good old imminent) and an announcement was incoming. I wonder if they misread the situation and thought they were sailing through, and they were told it had actually failed instead of passed. Hence why it has taken much longer, as they are now in the process of righting the wrongs that made it fail. Just seemed a little strange how it was all about to happen, only to be followed by pretty much silence.

A few weeks ago, when all was being reported as being really close (good old imminent) and an announcement was incoming. I wonder if they misread the situation and thought they were sailing through, and they were told it had actually failed instead of passed. Hence why it has taken much longer, as they are now in the process of righting the wrongs that made it fail. Just seemed a little strange how it was all about to happen, only to be followed by pretty much silence.

I think this is a reasonable and very possible explanation of the delay.

this is my feeling, neither they nor the PL would announce a failure and it's in the PL rules to give 21 days to change whatever it is that's prevented approval

Fun fact (or not).  The song that replaced that wet wet wet song after shitloads of weeks at number 1 was take that with back for good.  The underlying chords are exactly the same.

Fuck it, the thread is due for another derailing.

I do not believe that the charts were real. A song could maybe be top of the charts two, maybe three weeks max. My reasoning is thus; if a song is SOOOOOO popular then everybody would want to go buy it in the first week. Anyone missed would hear it being played on radio stations, TV, bars etc in the next week and but it. The stragglers would scoop the rest up in week three. After that, everyone who wanted it (in great numbers) would have already bought it. Plus, there is the oversaturation effect. Metro for example would play the same five songs every hour (exaggerations but you get my drift) to the point where even the most die hard fans would be sick of it. Over 10 weeks? I don't care how good anyone thinks wet wet wet and Bryan Adams are, they aint that good.

Fuck it, the thread is due for another derailing.

I do not believe that the charts were real. A song could maybe be top of the charts two, maybe three weeks max. My reasoning is thus; if a song is SOOOOOO popular then everybody would want to go buy it in the first week. Anyone missed would hear it being played on radio stations, TV, bars etc in the next week and but it. The stragglers would scoop the rest up in week three. After that, everyone who wanted it (in great numbers) would have already bought it. Plus, there is the oversaturation effect. Metro for example would play the same five songs every hour (exaggerations but you get my drift) to the point where even the most die hard fans would be sick of it. Over 10 weeks? I don't care how good anyone thinks wet wet wet and Bryan Adams are, they aint that good.

Wasn't/Isn't radio play a factor in the charts, rather than it being solely based off of sales?

But it's also those close to Ashley who believe a decision is close as well.

Not saying Barlow is a copying c*** but......

f*** it, the thread is due for another derailing.

Wasn't/Isn't radio play a factor in the charts, rather than it being solely based off of sales?

The songs mentioned just take longer for the deluded masses to appreciate, they then have that light bulb moment and buy a copy for everyone they  know and the cat