Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If news were to break, would Twitter be the place to hear it?

Newsnow?

Just trying to narrow down places I need to F5. really.

The title on here will change pretty sharpish. Just f5 the football board so you dont have to suffer the posts in here.

Was about to say this :lol:

I literally only check here... Every update will appear on here.

Here is your best bet tbh.

Soon as the server crashes, you can bet it's the announcement.

Don't trust a hope.

I got myself excited the other day for this very reason.  Turns out me net was having a wobbler.

He’s been speaking to Luke.

It might have annoyed the PL because they will feel they are being backed into a corner, but now it's out in public it does put more pressure on them to approve the takeover. I can understand why they meet feel slightly miffed, but from our POV it probably did make it more likely. Very hard for them to justify a refusal now.

Today is the day. I can feel it in my cock.

♫ ♬ I feel it in my fingers...

Fun fact (or not).  The song that replaced that wet wet wet song after shitloads of weeks at number 1 was take that with back for good.  The underlying chords are exactly the same.

Not saying Barlow is a copying c*** but......

Whigfield's Saturday night replaced it in the charts, followed by "Sure" by Take That. Back for Good was a year later.

So fun fact (or not) is actually "or not" :lol:

Isn't Love Is All Around Me actually a song about Marti Pellow being on the skag. The first verse should say "brown" where it says "love", but the censors made them change it.

It was the soundtrack to a million teenage fingerblast sessions during 1994, but it's a junkie anthem and parents were not happy when they found this out.

Or not.

You reckon the Troggs wrote a song about future Wet Wet Wet?

They were psychic dudes The Troggs man....

Wild Things They Don't Tell Us - Reg Presley, lead singer of "The Troggs", here details the wild things that he believes the government secretly knows about, but will go to the most extraordinary lengths to stop the public from finding out. He presents his evidence of alien visitation, crop-circles and his scientific theory of why the Earth is gradually changing shape.

troggs-4.jpg

My older sister saw The Troogs at The Majestic came back smitten with Reg Presley

Just to come full musical circle before the takeover is complete. Though the Troggs wrote it, Wet Wet Wet released it as a cover for Four Weddings & a Funereal film but just prior to that R.E.M. made it popular again performing it on their first MTV Unplugged 3 years earlier so probably give them the idea. Definitely the best version of the three :lol:

I wonder what the new deals mean?

Either Ashley knows he's stuck here and has been back involved to agree to sanction these, or the buyers (and Ashley) know it's going to happen and they've agreed them..?

I wonder what the new deals mean?

Either Ashley knows he's stuck here and has been back involved to agree to sanction these, or the buyers (and Ashley) know it's going to happen and they've agreed them..?

Means Ashley is staying.

It means nothing. The club still have to act as if they are the owners, they have likely delayed for as long as possible on offering contract in the hope that the new owners would have been in bu now. That’s not happened. The way the club see’s it is that they still have a squad, and should the takeover go through and those players aren’t wanted, they still have a value for them to be sold.

It means nothing. The club still have to act as if they are the owners, they have likely delayed for as long as possible on offering contract in the hope that the new owners would have been in bu now. That’s not happened. The way the club see’s it is that they still have a squad, and should the takeover go through and those players aren’t wanted, they still have a value for them to be sold.

Yeah, the danger of someone swooping in for Carroll and Manquillo was real. I also hear Gillespie was being pursued by some seriously big names, so we had to get in quick for that one.

Yeah, the danger of someone swooping in for Carroll and Manquillo was real. I also hear Gillespie was being pursued by some seriously big names, so we had to get in quick for that one.

Someone could have very well came in for Manquillo. He has improved a lot lately and would be a good option for many teams.

As for Carroll, he would unlikely get another offer elsewhere, but he has shown that he’s an ok option from the bench and good for squad depth.

It doesn’t mean the takeover isn’t happening, that’s just jumping to conclusions. It could very well be that the new owners have authorised these contracts.

Guest godzilla

Someone could have very well came in for Manquillo. He has improved a lot lately and would be a good option for many teams.

As for Carroll, he would unlikely get another offer elsewhere, but he has shown that he’s an ok option from the bench and good for squad depth.

It doesn’t mean the takeover isn’t happening, that’s just jumping to conclusions. It could very well be that the new owners have authorised these contracts.

And it could very well be that they haven't either. To me this stinks of Ashley.