Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Hope it's announced today to lighten up my lockdown birthday!!

Imagine trying to take away the limelight from Captain Tom, the NHS and binmen. I certainly won't be clapping for you tonight.

Hope it's announced today to lighten up my lockdown birthday!!

Look at me, look at me, its my Birthday. You're pathetic.

:lol: Something about the addition of 'you're' to this joke makes it feel so much more cutting.

HB tho mofo[/member] :thup:

Definitely :lol:

Edwin Preston

A bit of quick Facebook research would suggest only one likely candidate residing from North London. You could always ask him for us? :lol:

Edwin Preston

A bit of quick Facebook research would suggest only one likely candidate residing from North London. You could always ask him for us? :lol:

:lol:

I'm going to pass, and assume he's mentally challenged.

Edwin Preston

"Facebook research"

What the fuck is the rush with some people. We've had 13 years of this bollocks, we can wait a couple of weeks :lol:

Oh, wait, it's 2020, people are fucking imbeciles now.

I feel like reminding people it's been 13 years isn't going to calm the worriers down.

I imagine the fact we've spent those 13 years being programmed to wait for takeovers to fail is precisely why they can't take the waiting. :lol:

:lol: yep, in the whole history of people being told to calm down has nobody ever then calmed down.

Nufc.co.uk has been updated again.  Matt Ritchie's views on lockdown this time.  Just the article we've all been waiting for.

Matt Ritchie on website duty while other staff are furloughed.

"Where to start, where to start? Who would I want to hear from if I was a Newcastle fan? Got it."

Yet another BBC article. Mass panic!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52486838

They don’t seem convinced

Most of that is just a summary of everything we already know. The only relevant bit is this:

A source familiar with previous decisions told BBC Sport the takeover is likely to go through because the Premier League cannot act as moral arbiter on owners. It will only base its verdict on infringements that have been proven.

Like it or not, it will be difficult to reach that threshold with many of the allegations levelled at Saudi Arabia, and the case against the Newcastle takeover is not helped by the UK government's trade deals with the country.

Culture secretary Oliver Dowden said the takeover was a matter for the Premier League, so a government intervention is unlikely.

Sooooo.... not today either... resembles from last summer...

It's literally nothing like last summer, in that the bid is actually real.

In the sense that this may not materialize....