Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Personally think the whole cans thing is a bit cringey now that it's been adopted by the media, but Delaney should know that using that as the line of attack is completely alienating and kind of undermines his argument by trying to imply there's an intentionally sadistic line to be drawn between a bit of meaningless fun among fans and a murderous regime. There are strong arguments that can be made, so why he'd pick such a weak and counterproductive IDPol-style one, I dunno.

He's moved on from the child-murderer rubbish to be fair, which has to be seen as an improvement at least. Think there's an element of bravado or attention seeking about it on his part. I mean given his position it should be easy enough for him to retain the moral high ground but he seems determined to throw it away.

Fwiw he does of course have some valid points but he's made them last week. But there are also some significant merits to the takeover for the club and city and by refusing to acknowledge these points or that people coming at it from a different perspective may take a different opinion which is also valid he's just coming across as a stroppy twat.

Whatever else happens this year, we're in the middle of a global pandemic and the crown prince of Saudi Arabia is following NUFC on twitter.  I think someone broke the universe :lol:

Playing devils advocate a bit here, and expect to get it from all quarters for this post, but:

The only info we have that the tests will be passed has come from Caulkin via Staveley. Now they should have done research etc to be confident they will pass, but they cannot guarantee this.

Sheff Utd are owned by the Princes cousin. The prince can/has randomly imprisoned members of his family...could he pressure the other Prince to influence the outcome of a game? Is there any previous examples of this close an ownership of 2 clubs in the same league? Can anyone find some evidence that suggests this is allowed?

Now I'll caveat the above by saying most of the noises coming from the press would suggest there have been "no red flags", but this is the same press that many on here lambast for knowing nothing. I'd like factual information that shows 2 cousins (or ideally 2 members of the same royal family) owning clubs in the same league is OK, not abuse or ramblings.

Playing devils advocate a bit here, and expect to get it from all quarters for this post, but:

The only info we have that the tests will be passed has come from Caulkin via Staveley. Now they should have done research etc to be confident they will pass, but they cannot guarantee this.

Sheff Utd are owned by the Princes cousin. The prince can/has randomly imprisoned members of his family...could he pressure the other Prince to influence the outcome of a game? Is there any previous examples of this close an ownership of 2 clubs in the same league? Can anyone find some evidence that suggests this is allowed?

Now I'll caveat the above by saying most of the noises coming from the press would suggest there have been "no red flags", but this is the same press that many on here lambast for knowing nothing. I'd like factual information that shows 2 cousins owning clubs in the same league is OK, not abuse or ramblings.

I'm pretty sure the lawyers of the buyers knew all of this before advising the buyers to pay a £17 million deposit.

Now I'll caveat the above by saying most of the noises coming from the press would suggest there have been "no red flags", but this is the same press that many on here lambast for knowing nothing. I'd like factual information that shows 2 cousins owning clubs in the same league is OK, not abuse or ramblings.

I'm pretty sure the lawyers of the buyers knew all of this before advising the buyers to pay a £17 million deposit.

I've already pretty much stated that in my post.

However, this is a pretty unique situation.

FWIW of course MBS can pressure the Sheff Utd owner into doing whatever he likes....I fail to see how this wouldn't be an issue sadly.

Guest godzilla

I've already pretty much stated that in my post.

However, this is a pretty unique situation.

FWIW of course MBS can pressure the Sheff Utd owner into doing whatever he likes....I fail to see how this wouldn't be an issue sadly.

So he can also influence the management and the players?