Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

from .com, don't really see the point of this other than more fighting between fans.

The apparently impending sale of Newcastle United will be debated via an online Zoom meeting on Monday night, with all supporters invited to join in.

Overseen by the Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST), confirmed participants include MP Chi Onwurah, journalist George Caulkin and representatives of human rights organisations.

The event runs from 7pm to 9pm BST on Monday and pre-registration is open now online here if you wish to participate.

NB: This is open to everyone, including members and non-members of NUST.

A good time for such a discussion would be when we have been sold, rather than beforehand. It's absolutely pointless unless the sale goes through.

Aye, imagine it falls through? We’re already going to look like divvies, even more so after a mass debate about it. :lol:

Caulkin simply has to know more than even he is letting on by going through with stuff like this when the deal hasn't even been offcially confirmed.

If it’s being reported that PIF are taking a back seat and letting Staveley run the club, what can we actually expect in terms of investment.

There’s a case to be made for the club to be run correctly and we’ll see investment in the academy and the training facilities. And also another one that Saudi are getting involved to flex their ego in terms of outspending Qatar. (They’re not too at odds with Abu Dhabi I’m sure I’ve read)

I don’t think any of us are daft enough to think we’ll be buying Neymar, but what’s realistic in terms of where we are now and also from what the true intentions of the consortium are?

2 weeks? Wasn't the general consensus that it's been just over three weeks?

It’s 3 weeks since the companies house was updated to reflect the deal had been struck.. I highly doubt all the paperwork was sent to the PL on the same day and that the PL had a crack team waiting on this to start working around the clock.

I’d say just over 2 weeks is about right.. they said 2-4 weeks to conduct the tests. It will be any time from midweek on and then give a few days for the money part of the deal to take place.

I know we’re all desperate for it to happen right now, but fuck it, no football is being played and no transfer window is open.

In actual fact, when the deal does happen they could go about making those improvements to the training facility and give SJP a spruce up

from .com, don't really see the point of this other than more fighting between fans.

The apparently impending sale of Newcastle United will be debated via an online Zoom meeting on Monday night, with all supporters invited to join in.

Overseen by the Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST), confirmed participants include MP Chi Onwurah, journalist George Caulkin and representatives of human rights organisations.

The event runs from 7pm to 9pm BST on Monday and pre-registration is open now online here if you wish to participate.

A good time for such a discussion would be when we have been sold, rather than beforehand. It's absolutely pointless unless the sale goes through.

Absolutely agree with this, I know when they planned it they thought it would have happened but would be easier to postpone than deal with the issues it might cause

One thing I would question is the reporters saying there have been no red flags raised, however those same reports are saying the bien complaint could delay the takeover. Surely that is contradictory either it’s and issue or it isn’t ?

Absolutely agree with this, I know when they planned it they thought it would have happened but would be easier to postpone than deal with the issues it might cause

Yep. Bang on

Can't help himself

IF his info has come from Ashley, would that not be a red flag to anyone?

If Ashley wanted to sell to PCP and a concrete deal was done, he wouldn't be putting out noise regarding a deadline. He would have no reason to. He would simply talk to PCP and give them an extra week if PL checks are taking longer than expected. If Luke's info has come from Ashleys camp, it would appear as if he is preparing to be a cunt again if he gets the chance (ie this rumoured exclusivity period ends).

He could be making it all up for the attention granted. Hopefully it turns out to be the second option.

Exclusivity ends as soon as the papers are submitted to PL, that’s why a deposit has been paid. We’re way beyond the exclusivity point.

Yep. Deals done. Formalities now. Journos just keeping the click bait doors open. When your representing Saudi Arabia all checks and scrutiny has been done before PL review.

Everything still on time and to plan.

I have a feeling that if the lockdown comes out and the economy returns to normal sooner than expected he will hold on to us. Unless there are severe financial penalties involved in him doing so.

I have a feeling that if the lockdown comes out and the economy returns to normal sooner than expected he will hold on to us. Unless there are severe financial penalties involved in him doing so.

You expecting all that to happen In the next week to 2 weeks?

Selling to the Saudis would be enough to stop him dicking around. I imagine it’s not worth how much security he’d have to install if he pissed them off.

Can't help himself

IF his info has come from Ashley, would that not be a red flag to anyone?

If Ashley wanted to sell to PCP and a concrete deal was done, he wouldn't be putting out noise regarding a deadline. He would have no reason to. He would simply talk to PCP and give them an extra week if PL checks are taking longer than expected. If Luke's info has come from Ashleys camp, it would appear as if he is preparing to be a cunt again if he gets the chance (ie this rumoured exclusivity period ends).

He could be making it all up for the attention granted. Hopefully it turns out to be the second option.

In regards to the takeover, he has spent the last few weeks posting negative tweets to only take back what he said or even dismiss what he said entirely in his replies to the very same tweets.

If you look, he’ll have a period of about half an hour where he doesn’t tweet after his initial tweet. This is enough time for fans to get anxious and to start tweeting asking for clarity. He then comes in and gives them comfort before the likes of Caulkin and others can come and say there is nothing to worry about and what has been said is simply not true.

Look at the last 3 days, he’s done this exact thing each day over the last few days.

It must be frustrating for the likes of Caulkin who have more of an insight or what’s going on than they can share. They are spending their time trying to reassure people, whilst also trying to share as much of what they can.

They then have a fellow ‘professional’ coming in and storing the pot for the attention, a fellow professional who Caulkin defends simply out of professionalism. Many people say Caulkin and Edwards are friends, however I firmly believe they have only a professional relationship. It is quite telling that once Caulkin went to the Athletic, it was Waugh who followed him there, not Edwards.

Not at all. At the beginning some people were mwntioning this could take 12 to 18 months for the virus to resolve. Its not looking that way now.

Not at all. At the beginning some people were mwntioning this could take 12 to 18 months for the virus to resolve. Its not looking that way now.

The deal will hopefully be done within 2 weeks though (hopefully). I doubt the economy will have started to recover in that time.

I honestly can’t see how they would pay the deposit and then possibly risk losing it with something out of their control as the length of the premier league checks. It wouldn’t make sense, I assume still that the only thing that can stop this now is the, failing the checks or failing to pay.

I honestly can’t see how they would pay the deposit and then possibly risk losing it with something out of their control as the length of the premier league checks. It wouldn’t make sense, I assume still that the only thing that can stop this now is the, failing the checks or failing to pay.

It's is a lunatic notion clung to by chicken-littles...