Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Is the PL funded by the taxpayer at all? Just wondered what kind of leverage the U.K. government might have over this as I’m sure they’d tacitly want it to go through for economic/ geopolitical reasons

The UK government won’t want the Saudis pissed of given the billions they spend here every year. The government can’t/won’t get involved but they can lean on the PL, not that we’ll get to know about it.

Yes but what leverage can they use to lean on the PL. If there is no real leverage the PL don’t have to listen.

Policing?

Or just threaten to send HMRC round to every club and every facet of the Premier League to do a full anal cavity search type audit

Forgive me, but is anyone else as bored with all this speculation, accusation, insinuation etc as I am?

I'm just going to try live a normal life and wait for an announcement. Positive or negative. Nothing I can do about it.....

I've said that many a time but still find myself on Twitter and on here all day from getting up at 5am for work until going to sleep at 10-11.

1 thing I will say mind, I'm not remotely interested in project restart or any of our games. Literally just don't care about either. If this falls through it'll end my love of football completely.

Forgive me, but is anyone else as bored with all this speculation, accusation, insinuation etc as I am?

I'm just going to try live a normal life and wait for an announcement. Positive or negative. Nothing I can do about it.....

I've said that many a time but still find myself on Twitter and on here all day from getting up at 5am for work until going to sleep at 10-11.

1 thing I will say mind, I'm not remotely interested in project restart or any of our games. Literally just don't care about either. If this falls through it'll end my love of football completely.

Bet it doesnt

"Try to live a normal life, try to live a normal life.."

*Steps out of his house, drives to work*... "where is everyone?"

The best thing to do its to try and ignore it as you say. It is more irritating now than a month or two ago but I am past the excitement and non stop page refresh stage. It is likely the only thing interesting for some people during this pandemic though. Seeing as we aren't in the positive thread, maybe the PL will just wait until we lose a few games and are hovering above relegation. Then they will announce its rejected. A jolly thought.

Still think it is all good though. Just no idea when they will announce it. Logic is out of the window at this point. I haven't wavered from thinking this will get approved though. PL still just trying to save face and look the best they can before approving it.

Bet it doesnt

Hard to say long term to be honest but jesus christ it will take a while to come around from it.

I’m with you on the second bit. Couldn’t give a monkey’s cuss.

Guest godzilla

Despite saying he was taking a break from it earlier, he’s back again.

;D can't help himself can he, utter cunt that he is

Despite saying he was taking a break from it earlier, he’s back again.

Appears he's trying to justify his tweet from this morning where he said he was informed the report was extremely hard on KSA. or something along those lines.

Well overall I think the day could have gone a lot worse. Seems to me the PL still have a bit of leverage with KSA and that’s ultimately what the hold up is. How can it benefit them to approve it?

I think an assurance to make a similar bid that Qatar did for PL rights next time round will be happening in back channels. Dastardly Dick Masters didn’t claw his way up from the cricket board to where he is now by not being as corrupt as everyone that’s gone before him. I’m certain of it

If they did indeed ignore 9 requests from the PL to help shut it down, I suppose that does make them complicit and it's also something that the PL would (understandably) find hard to move on from.

Again though, that's something all parties obviously already knew beforehand.

It's pointless trying to second guess anything right now :lol:

So there are obviously different legal interpretations of this, but ultimately the most important interpretation is that of the PL - and they haven't rejected it out of hand.

Based on this, I have absolutely no idea why a professional journalist would go out if his way to shove his version of events down others throats. He's at best got a chip on his shoulder, just a total helmet by the looks if it though.