Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest The Little Waster

There's an actor that lad reminds me of and I can't figure out who.

looks like a cross between Peyton Manning and Andy Samberg

edit: or a touch of young Adam Sandler.

It's none of them. I'm not even sure if who I'm thinking of is an actor now I come to think of it. Maybe just a TV presenter. It's doing my head in.

Terry Hall - Fun Boy 3

Legal interpretation from the lawyers, quite interesting

Interesting.

It will also be interesting  to read what that football law twitter account has to say as he said he's doing a write up on the WTO report which will be out done by tomorrow.

Case in point, whilst these guys know more about the law than you and I, international trade law is a very niche subject and I wouldn’t 100% value their opinion above and beyond the written conclusions prepared by WTO themselves.

In fact its pretty pointless listening to them about anything other than an executive summary of the report.

Is there anything wrong in what they say?

Surely they have came to the same conclusions much of us have? All they have tried to do is explain things in a layman’s terms and have done throughout the process.

They admit this isn’t their area of expertise, but still offer some sort of insider/educated knowledge/interpretation on it.

I was reading that. It seems significant that he would do that now, he hasn’t been apologetic about it at all for over a decade. Timing is odd.

He’s due to give evidence in the trial. Does his resignation have any bearing on Barclays case?

So if the takeover is approved..... how do the local Saudi's get to watch any Newcastle/PL games?

The region broadcast rights are sold to beIN, but the beIN broadcast is blocked within Saudi Arabia.  So there is currently no legal way to watch Newcastle games in Saudi Arabia even if the takeover goes through. Unless Saudi Arabia unblocks the beIN broadcast, they cannot watch any games. So meanwhile beIN have overpaid as they bought rights to broadcast to more countries than they are able to.

Saudi Arabia has said that they will not enter into any communication with Qatar until they cease all state sponsored terrorism, no there can be not direct remuneration.  Would the PL be able to offer partial right to KSA for broadcast in Saudi Arabia, and then rebate those payments to beIN? 

This seems too simple or too "public" a solution.

Madness you can be shamed into resigning for that. It's PC gone mad, Stu. Half this forum would have to commit seppuku over their comments made about Mandy :lol:

And what’s her face from Eastenders

So if the takeover is approved..... how do the local Saudi's get to watch any Newcastle/PL games?

The region broadcast rights are sold to beIN, but the beIN broadcast is blocked within Saudi Arabia.  So there is currently no legal way to watch Newcastle games in Saudi Arabia even if the takeover goes through. Unless Saudi Arabia unblocks the beIN broadcast, they cannot watch any games. So meanwhile beIN have overpaid as they bought rights to broadcast to more countries than they are able to.

Saudi Arabia has said that they will not enter into any communication with Qatar until they cease all state sponsored terrorism, no there can be not direct remuneration.  Would the PL be able to offer partial right to KSA for broadcast in Saudi Arabia, and then rebate those payments to beIN? 

Right now we would have to assume that there will be a period of time where the Saudi can’t watch Premier League football.

It’s going to take for Saudi Arabia and the Premier League to come to an agreement, and that will have to take place after the takeover.

The Saudi viewing rights will have to be treated separately to PIF, because ultimately they are separate issues.

Right now the Saudi’s also can’t see Sheffield United either.

Madness you can be shamed into resigning for that. It's PC gone mad, Stu. Half this forum would have to commit seppuku over their comments made about Mandy :lol:

half this forum ain't involved in a billion dollar case versus Staveley, man :lol:

Was there any truth in the talk that the PL would be looking to change the rules so that in future you would not be able to get investment from state sponsored firms?

If there is, then you can imagine it would cause a stink further down the line if this deal got passed, but other clubs weren't allowed the same opportunity because of a rule change. I just wonder if that could sway the PL towards rejecting the deal to head off any future criticism that NUFC would always have an unfair advantage?

Guest neesy111

Was there any truth in the talk that the PL would be looking to change the rules so that in future you would not be able to get investment from state sponsored firms?

If there is, then you can imagine it would cause a stink further down the line if this deal got passed, but other clubs weren't allowed the same opportunity because of a rule change. I just wonder if that could sway the PL towards rejecting the deal to head off any future criticism that NUFC would always have an unfair advantage?

The PL can change the rules to what they like.

The same unfair advantage that any other clubs that got rich solely through investment have enjoyed for the last couple of decades?

But other clubs have always been open to outside investment as well. If there's a rule change, then other clubs would probably whinge that we got state sponsorship and they have been denied the same opportunity.

It was referred to in the video with the two lawyers last night that the owners and directors test will be changed after this. So whether they’ll openly prevent state sponsored clubs or not I don’t know but it looks like they’ll definitely be trying to avoid a situation like this again.

Other clubs would definitely whinge, just like they and we have in the past about Chelsea and Citeh. I know what you're saying but ultimately whether it's Saudi Arabia or Google that are buying a club, the ones who aren't bought are going to moan. Needs properly implemented FFP to make it less of an issue.

Guest neesy111

FFP is necessary now to stop clubs going bust with many having to take on new debt from this crisis.

Right now we would have to assume that there will be a period of time where the Saudi can’t watch Premier League football.

It’s going to take for Saudi Arabia and the Premier League to come to an agreement, and that will have to take place after the takeover.

The Saudi viewing rights will have to be treated separately to PIF, because ultimately they are separate issues.

Right now the Saudi’s also can’t see Sheffield United either.

I've posted it before, but according to a colleague that is based in Bahrain, you can watch BeIN legally in KSA through their official TV/mobile apps or through some other (legal) 3rd party TV app, that apparently almost everyone uses over there.