Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Geordie Dentist also inferring that there is Qatar money behind this yank interest/bid.

How the fuck does a dentist know so much....

Whether he knows anything or not, you can bet they will be behind it. As Wandy said, it's worth throwing in there for them as it does give the PL an out to reject the Saudi bid.

"Look there's plenty of interest in NUFC, if we reject this bid, you can easily sell to someone else!"

I doubt the Premier League give a shite about NUFC or Ashley so I don't see why they'd need any excuse for them.  The only outs they need are for Qatar or the Saudis if they reject or accept and one or the other sues, and this does nothing for that.

I heard he wanna use the business model that they use in Liverpool, no thank you.

Aye that's worked out terribly

Oooh!! Good point. Let's bring in the clean and wholesome American and let him load us with debt and cream off the profits.

Is that the Liverpool business model?

Is it the Liverpool owners offering £350m to buy us? Or are you talking about the previous Liverpool owner's business model which nearly bankrupted the club?

It wasn't me that brought Liverpool up. I presume he was talking about the current Liverpool business model which has brought them to a Champions League title and PL title.

I know, but you are against the PIF takeover, and are on record as saying you would prefer someone else to buy us. But if it is an American owner, they are fairly likely to load us with debt and see how we get on. Just like this Mauriss fella who's name keeps cropping up.

i think id rather be owned by the Saudi's than a Qatar proxy bought purely to annoy and stop Saudi getting into the Premier League.

Least Saudi want the club to prosper to make them look good, the Qatar proxy just want us to exist to stop Saudi buying ito the prem :/

i think id rather be owned by the Saudi's than a Qatar proxy bought purely to annoy and stop Saudi getting into the Premier League.

Least Saudi want the club to prosper to make them look good, the Qatar proxy just want us to exist to stop Saudi buying ito the prem :/

Plus Qatar already have a club representing them in Man City who would probably be their main focus, not us.

If PIF get knocked back I fully expect this bid to vaporise into thin air.

Plus Qatar already have a club representing them in Man City who would probably be their main focus, not us.

Qatar is not UAE.

Qatar owns PSG. Man City is Abu Dhabi, a close KSA ally.

It’s PSG mate, not Man City. City are owned by Abu Dhabi, who are a Saudi ally against Qatar (and Iran)

It’s PSG mate, not Man City. City are owned by Abu Dhabi, who are a Saudi ally against Qatar (and Iran)

Abu Dhabi is a city. UAE.

Ha. Yep, my mistake. Brain not engaged properly. I meant UAE.

:lol:  sorry, didn't mean to be arsey but it was said twice in row and it's always annoyed me.

No you were right first time, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are autonomous Emiratis. UAE is more a country of convenience.

No you were right first time, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are autonomous Emiratis. UAE is more a country of convenience.

To be fair, both descriptions work.

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are emirates of the UAE, with their own rulers, and also have capital cities with the same name as the emirate.