Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

There’s nothing else to hold it up now. Not arseD on human right, that was clear from the start. Piracy issues show separation even at wto level and no mention of pif. Season will be resumed in 7 hours. The only thing I can think of is they feel not approving holds leverage in coming to a solution of rights, then maybe they hold out longer to hear what they want hear and possibly even agree terms. Doesn’t sound like Qatar are too happy though, so may need to calm them down first as well.

Have to say I'm fuckin sick of this. At a time when there's positive stories about football around, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Chelsea and Spurs helping the NHS and on and on. At the same time our club furloughs staff, is the only club to not refund fans, and this ridiculous circus is played out for 11 weeks now. It's an absolute embarrassment. When will it ever end?

I heard he wanna use the business model that they use in Liverpool, no thank you.

The mackems are still banging on about following the Dortmund and Southampton model.  :lol: If you need to follow a model of a club and shout it aloud then you’ve no business in this sector. It’s just amateurish and never works,

Aye :lol:

'What's your plan?'

'Er, we're gonna do what they did.'

If we’re going down the American route, I’d rather hear more about the ones that Henry Winter was talking about.

That’ll just be Kenyon and his bunch of chancers. I don’t want either of these American bidders anywhere near the club. Not because they are American but because they are skint chancers who are looking for profit. At least with Staveley they have a genuine plan to develop the area and make us a force again.

I heard he wanna use the business model that they use in Liverpool, no thank you.

The mackems are still banging on about following the Dortmund and Southampton model.  :lol: If you need to follow a model of a club and shout it aloud then you’ve no business in this sector. It’s just amateurish and never works,

Aye :lol:

'What's your plan?'

'Er, we're gonna do what they did.'

Ashley did this a lot, said we were gonna follow the Villa model at one point and shortly after they went into freefall :lol:

Aye that's worked out terribly

Oooh!! Good point. Let's bring in the clean and wholesome American and let him load us with debt and cream off the profits.

So what happens if the PL reject the takeover and PIF etc decide to take legal action? Does that mean another bidder can quickly try and buy the club? Surely the PL can't start another test for a different owner until this current one is finished without any appeal?

Also, I wonder what power that gives Ashley? Could he pull the deal without penalty?

So what happens if the PL reject the takeover and PIF etc decide to take legal action? Does that mean another bidder can quickly try and buy the club? Surely the PL can't start another test for a different owner until this current one is finished without any appeal?

I’d imagine not, no. PIF would have to signal they are to withdraw the bid and remove themselves from the process before they could consider another test from another party. So this will rumble on in to next season.

Guest neesy111

Geordie Dentist also inferring that there is Qatar money behind this yank interest/bid.

How the fuck does a dentist know so much....

Aye that's worked out terribly

Oooh!! Good point. Let's bring in the clean and wholesome American and let him load us with debt and cream off the profits.

Is that the Liverpool business model?

I’d imagine not, no. PIF would have to signal they are to withdraw the bid and remove themselves from the process before they could consider another test from another party. So this will rumble on in to next season.

Depends whether there's a drop dead date woven into the deal between the buyers and Ashley.

Geordie Dentist also inferring that there is Qatar money behind this yank interest/bid.

Whether he knows anything or not, you can bet they will be behind it. As Wandy said, it's worth throwing in there for them as it does give the PL an out to reject the Saudi bid.

"Look there's plenty of interest in NUFC, if we reject this bid, you can easily sell to someone else!"

Fuck knows. He reckons he's known since Feb of Mauriss and there is links to the Qatar WC with it too.

In fairness, Caulkin, Winter and many others have said for a long time that there's been historic interest.

It's only Staveley and Co. that could get the deal signed off by the fat lad though.

Wondered that myself :lol:  There's only so much gossip you can get from your client if you're a dentist, like