Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I'm struggling to comprehend how nothing has leaked out anywhere. Someone always does regardless of NDAs. A few too many shandies from the right person and everyone knows everything.

Maybe nothing is actually happening

I'm struggling to comprehend how nothing has leaked out anywhere. Someone always does regardless of NDAs. A few too many shandies from the right person and everyone knows everything.

Maybe the people involved are top professionals, unlike the usual lot.

My feeling is the PL simply tell all parties that due to Covid the test progress is postponed the season ends. The real intention is unknown but that’s why every parties are in the dark.

My feeling is the PL simply tell all parties that due to Covid the test progress is postponed the season ends. The real intention is unknown but that’s why every parties are in the dark.

Considering masters has already said they hope to have a resolution soon, that’s clearly not the case

Considering masters has already said they hope to have a resolution soon, that’s clearly not the case

Coz the season is going to end this week?

Maybe the people involved are top professionals, unlike the usual lot.

Nothing in Football at any level anywhere suggests top professionals are involved....whether it be Qatari slave masters buying a world cup and letting half their workforce perish in the sun, or makems knowingly letting a paedo play for them, or our very own delightful owner trying to justify his business as essential during a plague

No Saudi sponsor then

Well that's very strange if the takeover is still on. Which if this news is anything to go by it may not be.

All the news from the last week has been ominous, despite a section of fans wanting to spin anything as a positive.

As opposed to some who want to spin everything as negative ?

Not pointing fingers like. You though  O0

I think the longer it's gone on, the more it's felt like the end of the season is kind of the most sensible time to announce their decision. It means less disruption all round I suppose. Not that it wouldn't have saved everyone a load of hassle doing it before now, it's probably just cleaner to wait. That said, I'm basing that on nothing other than my own opinion today (previously I've been as keen to get it done as the next man!)

Ive long since given up buying club merchandise and even going to st james park.

If this takeover doesnt go through i think ill just give up on football altogether.

Just like our players today.

3 weeks since Masters said he hopes that this is concluded “shortly”, then.

Wonder if they have been working on the test every day or whether it is shelved? Fuck knows what they’re doing.

Guest godzilla

Chris Waugh from the Athletic saying "on hold" is best way to describe it just now. Talks about "current inertia". Says they are hopefully putting out an article in the morning to talk about it.

Boy is he an awful reporter right up there with Ryder (not a surprise seeing as they schooled each other)  :lol:

Here's what he said. Nothing much.

In terms of the takeover, things are just "on hold" would be the best way of describing it. It is still with the Premier League and the answer has yet to arrive. We have a piece, hopefully going out in the morning, which basically talks about the inertia which has taken hold.

The takeover has yet to be ratified or rejected. As things stand, it remains with the Premier League and nobody beyond a few select people there knows what happens next. The prospective buyers, as they have throughout, remain confident, though.

Guest godzilla

Here's what he said. Nothing much.

In terms of the takeover, things are just "on hold" would be the best way of describing it. It is still with the Premier League and the answer has yet to arrive. We have a piece, hopefully going out in the morning, which basically talks about the inertia which has taken hold.

The takeover has yet to be ratified or rejected. As things stand, it remains with the Premier League and nobody beyond a few select people there knows what happens next. The prospective buyers, as they have throughout, remain confident, though.

You don't say Chris  :crazy2:

Chris Waugh from the Athletic saying "on hold" is best way to describe it just now. Talks about "current inertia". Says they are hopefully putting out an article in the morning to talk about it.

And there it is  :lol:

Fucking hell this is unreal, another takeover attempt that will seemingly just fizzle out

My only hope at this point is that we actually get a definitive answer from the Premier league rather than just being left in limbo

It can't just 'fizzle out' though. As typical as it would be.

I agree but if it falls through, do we feel like we'd get a full story or just a "they failed the O&D test" ?

The latter most likely, with plenty of face saving, finger pointing and rumour.