NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Poch almost won the league with a very unfancied Spurs team, achieved a CL spot in successive seasons with a Spurs team that had previously struggled to break into the top 4 and then took them all the way to the final of the Champions League. This after overachieving with Southampton prior to that.

To suggest he doesn’t have any pedigree because he hasn’t been won anything is ridiculous. He’s still in the early years of his managerial career ffs! Does his track record suggest he has the credentials and skills to win something in the future? Undoubtedly!

Given the shit we’ve had to swallow over the past 13 years, us turning our noses up at Poch is just laughable.

That said, I’d rather have Rafa.

poch revisionism now is it?  if this lockdown goes on into june fuck knows where we'll be :lol:

It’s not revisionism at all. Everything that has been said is factually accurate. As I’ve said, I just don’t get why he’s rated so highly, and I’d be looking elsewhere if it was me.

Aye he was definitely handicapped by having so many key players coming to the end of their contracts at the same time mind.

Absolute fucking idiots Sourness and Scouse gobshite on SSN reckoning Bruce should be given a ‘fair crack of the whip’ and that he’s done a great job under ‘financial constraints’.  :lol:

Laughable.

Guest reefatoon

Graeme Souness is the most bitter man around (Allardayce is close mind) when it comes to us. His ridiculous ego took a battering when he came here and was peddled for being absolute dog shit. Everyone's fault but his and now he despises us. Will never hear a good word from him.

You can upgrade managers same as you can upgrade players when the opportunity arises and as your position dictates.

Yep. We flogged David Kelly after he got us promoted ffs. It’s the same with players and managers of any era

Absolute fucking idiots Sourness and Scouse gobshite on SSN reckoning Bruce should be given a ‘fair crack of the whip’ and that he’s done a great job under ‘financial constraints’.  :lol:

Laughable.

I was raging listening to that!

Utter idiots who have clearly hardly watched us this season! We'd be bottom 3 without Dubravka - simple as that. Mind, it's worrying the number of our fans who hold this view too!

poch revisionism now is it?  if this lockdown goes on into june fuck knows where we'll be :lol:

It’s not revisionism at all. Everything that has been said is factually accurate. As I’ve said, I just don’t get why he’s rated so highly, and I’d be looking elsewhere if it was me.

He was the one of the first one to bring attacking football with the high press back into fashion when he took over Southampton. Klopp came afterwards iirc. I read somewhere that him and Pep were big disciples of Bielsa, who has always had a very attacking ethos. So that's the reason Poch appeals to me.

He was the one of the first one to bring attacking football with the high press back into fashion when he took over Southampton. Klopp came afterwards iirc. I read somewhere that him and Pep were big disciples of Bielsa, who has always had a very attacking ethos. So that's the reason Poch appeals to me.

also bear in mind he was forced to downgrade certain positions at certain times, such as walker to aurier to make money for the club - he was never on a level playing field with those around him in terms of spend, consensus was always he did a great job at spurs until it went sour that last few months

furthermore he developed kane, alli & son into the players they are today

also bear in mind he was forced to downgrade certain positions at certain times, such as walker to aurier to make money for the club - he was never on a level playing field with those around him in terms of spend, consensus was always he did a great job at spurs until it went sour that last few months

furthermore he developed kane, alli & son into the players they are today

He also sold Trippier, leaving Aurier as his only ‘decent’ RB, and who wasn’t as good as Trippier in the first place...