NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

I can't believe how many pundits are coming out with the "Bruce deserves a chance as he's done an excellent job" bollocks!

Alan Brazil, Jamie Redknapp and Carragher all within the last hour FFS!

Utter imbeciles!

Ignore it, they're not going to come out and call for an English manager to lose his job.

He's a dead man walking.

Jamie Redkunt on SSN saying ‘why can’t Steve Bruce be given money and be given the chance to manage in the top six’

Absolutely fucking clueless

I'd love to see someone have the bollocks to flip that question around and put him on the spot.

"So, Jamie, could you just briefly outline exactly why Steve Bruce should be given the opportunity to spend a serious amount of money? What credentials does he have? Exactly what has he achieved in his managerial career to deserve the chance? Take your time sweetheart."

I can't still understand why some would still hold to the fact Rafa's style was dreadful and boring. Do they take into consideration the type of players Rafa had at his disposal? Without Rafa's boring football, we would still be stuck in the Championship or even worse, having Tyne Wear derbies in League 1.

Agree he didn't have much choice with our squad, but if you look back at his career, he's never been known for free flowing attacking football. Even in his heydey at Liverpool he was often criticised for being too cautious, even by his own players....only after he'd left mind. Not that there's anything wrong with that in my book, ultimately if you can put trophies on the table, it's going to shut up most critics.

I'd be interested to see what he would do with a top quality squad in the current climate. Would he learn or adapt stuff from the Guardiolas and Klopps, or does he still fancy his own methods to win through given similar resources?

Would love it if pricks like Redknapp were made to squirm and asked if they'd be happy to have Bruce take over their beloved clubs.

This was always my response with Pardew, no one seemed to want the fucker at their club but they thought Newcastle should keep him.

I can't believe how many pundits are coming out with the "Bruce deserves a chance as he's done an excellent job" bollocks!

Utter imbeciles!

https://www.talksport.com/football/700841/rafa-benitez-mauricio-pochettino-sexy-newcastle-fans-tim-sherwood-steve-bruce/amp/

And here’s forum favourite Tim Sherwood, “Brucey, Stevey “ a plenty

Benitez and Pochettino are sexy to Newcastle because they are foreign.

Lifting stuff

Jamie Redkunt on SSN saying ‘why can’t Steve Bruce be given money and be given the chance to manage in the top six’

Mad isn’t it 😂

Why don't you let him have a go at your beloved Liverpool?

Utter imbeciles!

https://www.talksport.com/football/700841/rafa-benitez-mauricio-pochettino-sexy-newcastle-fans-tim-sherwood-steve-bruce/amp/

And here’s forum favourite Tim Sherwood, “Brucey, Stevey “ a plenty

Benitez and Pochettino are sexy to Newcastle because they are foreign.

Lifting stuff

Who are our most beloved managers of recent times? :lol:

Also it's not mad, it's cold hard logic. These are broadcasters selling services / ad space to racists, of which there are many millions in the UK. Even mild xenophobia is guaranteed profit in the UK. Ignore it, because it can be nothing other than manufactured guff, closet racism or the inner machinations of a quarterwit.

Poch would be a great option, but Rafa has to be first-choice. He already knows the club, has a special connection with (the majority of) the fans,  already knows most of the playing squad, and would be able to make faster progress in other areas. Not to mention the titles he has won...

I'd love to see someone have the bollocks to flip that question around and put him on the spot.

"So, Jamie, could you just briefly outline exactly why Steve Bruce should be given the opportunity to spend a serious amount of money? What credentials does he have? Exactly what has he achieved in his managerial career to deserve the chance? Take your time sweetheart."

Absolutely.

His fucking employers are only too keen to stick up the statistics that have us bottom of any attacking intent when our games are being covered so why doesn’t he try and explain those away. Thick fucking cunt.

Poch would be a great option, but Rafa has to be first-choice. He already knows the club, has a special connection with (the majority of) the fans,  already knows most of the playing squad, and would be able to make faster progress in other areas. Not to mention the titles he has won...

He'd also be very comfortable in his own ability and position should the likes of Keegan, Shearer etc be invited to prominent non playing roles

Imagine a Rafa led playing side to the club (including juniors and reserves) with Keegan leading the promotion side of things. Bring in a competent DoF or Chief Exec and we'd be flying - and that's before the mega money

Want Rafa for 2 main reasons

1. He already knows the place. He knows the fans and most of the squad. He knows what needs to be done and where to make the improvements and it could literally take off from day 1. I also like the fact he can organise a team and squeeze every drop out of it. Being organised is not boring, it's comforting. I've always longed to see a Newcastle XI knowing exactly what they were meant to be doing and Rafa made that happen. It wasn't always pretty but I always appreciated the shape and nous behind it all. The bloke knew exactly what he wanted to do but was always limited due to the front 5 and the lack of investment in key positions. He had to make do with what he was given and largely did well imo

2. He won't just look after the squad but he'll actively look at the whole club. He'll want to modernise the training facilities, the youth teams and he'll look at building relationships with the wider community. He wants the club to be the focal point of the area and he'll work night and day to push the club as a whole entity as far as he can. He knows how significant we are and we can be and he'll drive everything in the rifht direction.

Pochettino is fucking brilliant and I respect the bloke immensely but Rafa is on another plane. Poch is the one you'd date, Rafa is the one you'd marry.

I could literally knock one out over this post  :D

Absolutely superbly put!

I understand how people feel Rafa would build the club. How he would pay attention to the finest details, revamp or just plain scrap and start again with all things football. The training facilities, the medical centre, the youth team, nutrition, the lot. That’s a lot to do though. I wouldn’t be surprised if the new owners want to bring in a top DoR to take care of all that and leave the 1st team manager/ coach to concentrate on just the 1st team, like.