NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

My fear with poch are that he isn't a closer when it counts and secondly unlike Rafa this would likely be a stepping stone for him.

However in comparison to Rafa and Allegri we would be getting a return of the attacking football we have craved and will undoubtedly be in for a great ride. His record with youth and commitment to growing English footballers is a huge plus too. To make that next step to a real/Barca or international football Poch would have to do well here and win something. Following his Spurs exit he has a point to prove. On a trophy hunt and many levels we are a great match.

It is hard to see past Rafa. He makes so much sense on so many levels. Poch draws a line in the sand and a fresh start. Maybe one we need.

What an utterly useless comparison. That RafaFacts twitter account is operated by one of the internet's weirdest specimens.

Absolutely love Rafa and would welcome him back with open arms, but can't help but think we should be looking for a completely fresh start.

You missed him posting on here for a bit. A man who is not fully in control of his mind and is unfortunately quite simple. I fear for Rafa's kids being out in public with him not being under detention.

Also absolutely despised, to the point of making up lies against them, Pochettino, Eddie Howe, Graham Potter and weirdly Slavisa Jokanovic.

As someone who has Rafa top of his list, I'd still be over the moon with Poch and find it crazy how his achievements are starting to be talked down so much just because it didn't end with silverware.

He's still relatively early in his managerial career, with only five years being at a club expected to win anything (and hasn't that club only managed two trophies in about 30 years themselves?).

If we get him and he becomes a winner, cracking. If not, were we even expecting a trophy immediately? He can still be a great starting off point for us until we need someone to take us that extra step, if indeed that ends up being needed.

To be honest I haven’t seen anyone I wouldn’t be happy with linked yet. Strange feeling because under Ashley it’s usually going through the grief stages until you get to beaten down acceptance.

Same here. While Rafa and Pochettino are top of the list because I know of them, the likes of Allegri and Nagelsmann sound super exciting as well. If anything it seems like the real football nuts rate them even higher at this point in time. What a time to be alive!  :lol:

In the same boat as many others in that personally the first choice would be Rafa, but any new manager that isn't British and has had stints with at least two other current premier league clubs would be good enough for me.

Anyone seen poch for 19m a year?

Where is that figure coming from btw? Seen it mentioned a few times but it seems a strange one to be chucking about when we still haven't confirmed an appointment yet.

One of the (many obvious) reasons I want Rafa is that he's the one I can definitely see staying with us for a long time. I'd be next to equally as happy with many of the names linked, but I also have the feeling that some might not be in it for the long term to the same degree, or get bored or leave for whatever other reason. Rafa genuinely would love to make this club great again and would work his socks off because NUFC and the fans already have a place in his heart. He wouldn't leave as soon as clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid and others come calling, he's already been there and done that.

I'm sure some have already mentioned this, just thought I'd share my view on it.

Maybe they are going to get Poch to announce it.

This would be the most beautiful thing in the world if it's also how Bruce found out. Get him in on the Zoom chat just to see his reaction.

One of the (many obvious) reasons I want Rafa is that he's the one I can definitely see staying with us for a long time. I'd be next to equally as happy with many of the names linked, but I also have the feeling that some might not be in it for the long term to the same degree, or get bored or leave for whatever other reason. Rafa genuinely would love to make this club great again and would work his socks off because NUFC and the fans already have a place in his heart. He wouldn't leave as soon as clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid and others come calling, he's already been there and done that.

I'm sure some have already mentioned this, just thought I'd share my view on it.

:thup: I agree.

Guest The Little Waster

Anyone seen poch for 19m a year?

Where is that figure coming from btw? Seen it mentioned a few times but it seems a strange one to be chucking about when we still haven't confirmed an appointment yet.

Was on SSN