NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

I don't quite get the hype around Poch either. Not when we can have Rafa.

Aside from their abilities as managers, Poch would only be here for the money/glamour. Rafa wanted to be here when we were shit. He also already has a plan for the whole club.

It's an absolute no-brainer.

I’m not sure it’s true about Poch and money/glamour and I think he’s a good manager with a very positive mindset but I really want Rafa back. Champions league winner, loves the area and the people, gets it and is meticulous in his planning for games and for club strategy/ improvement. It’s a no-brainer for me, even if it costs £15-20m to get him back. He’s easily worth half a Joelinton in anyone’s book.

Reason that I hope Rafa would come back: he started the whole damn revolution and takeover.

Reasons why I think Rafa might not be coming back: honour his Chinese contract and maybe just maybe he doesn't like to work under a DOF or he doesn't get full power? That's where maybe Poch is seen as the better choice?

I hope it will be Rafa. He would be in it for the long haul and it will be his project. Might end his career here too if he feels he can finish the job.

Poch already said he wants to go back to Spurs one day.

I’m not sure it’s true about Poch and money/glamour and I think he’s a good manager with a very positive mindset but I really want Rafa back. Champions league winner, loves the area and the people, gets it and is meticulous in his planning for games and for club strategy/ improvement. It’s a no-brainer for me, even if it costs £15-20m to get him back. He’s easily worth half a Joelinton in anyone’s book.

he,s prpbly worth 10x more than joelinton even over 3 year easily

Pochettino had that special relationship with his players last season. It was something I liked even though we had Rafa at the time. Mourinho has had it with some teams as well, notably Chelsea the first time around and Inter.

Rafa is a much cooler customer. His players will never have that type of relationship.

Where did it go wrong for him (Poch) at Spurs though? That has to be a worry. Did he want out? Or did the players fall out with him?

Thanks to Ashley I've sometimes struggled to have an interest in my own team let alone follow paths of other managers....has Poch built a club up from bare bones previously?  Or was acadamy, training facilities already in place?  I'm sure he would produce on the pitch but can he make us heartbeat of the community like Rafa could?

Want Rafa for 2 main reasons

1. He already knows the place. He knows the fans and most of the squad. He knows what needs to be done and where to make the improvements and it could literally take off from day 1. I also like the fact he can organise a team and squeeze every drop out of it. Being organised is not boring, it's comforting. I've always longed to see a Newcastle XI knowing exactly what they were meant to be doing and Rafa made that happen. It wasn't always pretty but I always appreciated the shape and nous behind it all. The bloke knew exactly what he wanted to do but was always limited due to the front 5 and the lack of investment in key positions. He had to make do with what he was given and largely did well imo

2. He won't just look after the squad but he'll actively look at the whole club. He'll want to modernise the training facilities, the youth teams and he'll look at building relationships with the wider community. He wants the club to be the focal point of the area and he'll work night and day to push the club as a whole entity as far as he can. He knows how significant we are and we can be and he'll drive everything in the rifht direction.

Pochettino is fucking brilliant and I respect the bloke immensely but Rafa is on another plane. Poch is the one you'd date, Rafa is the one you'd marry.

Thanks to Ashley I've sometimes struggled to have an interest in my own team let alone follow paths of other managers....has Poch built a club up from bare bones previously?  Or was acadamy, training facilities already in place?  I'm sure he would produce on the pitch but can he make us heartbeat of the community like Rafa could?

He improved Spurs no doubt but they already had some excellent players and that style of play was there nearly from when Redknapp was there, he just tightened things up at the back.

Turning Newcastle back into a team with free flowing football would be no easy feat.

Reason that I hope Rafa would come back: he started the whole damn revolution and takeover.

Reasons why I think Rafa might not be coming back: honour his Chinese contract and maybe just maybe he doesn't like to work under a DOF or he doesn't get full power? That's where maybe Poch is seen as the better choice?

I hope it will be Rafa. He would be in it for the long haul and it will be his project. Might end his career here too if he feels he can finish the job.

Poch already said he wants to go back to Spurs one day.

Such a great point man. The whole thing was down to his connect with Staveley right? Man ... Rafa has to come back. He deserves to be in the position.

How I wish he had just somehow managed to sign that one year contract that was discussed last summer.

Rafa for me. I have no doubts about his ability in every aspect. I just don't know enough about Poch, so naturally have concerns which could simply be erased. His successes at Spurs and Saints are noteworthy, as is his ability to develop talent. But I know nothing about his record in the transfer market. I know at Spurs he didn't have much opportunity to demonstrate his ability in the transfer market and the situation at Southampton meant he is remembered more for his outgoings, but that doesn't mean he's not the man to be trusted with our kitty. I just know Rafa is astute as they come.

But what the hell, does it matter if we waste money?

Seeing tweets from respected and reputable journalists today where many are saying there isn’t a shortlist of managers to replace Bruce :lol:

So you’re telling me these lot are working to buy a 300m club, invest hundreds of millions into squad and facilities. Have a detailed plan on some things they’ll do from day 1 etc and they haven’t a shortlist for who they want to lead this club and these new and expensive signings to what is hopefully the top end of the table and europe? In the hundreds and thousands of meetings they’ve had within their partnership there hasn’t been an ounce of “we should get X to manage them”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry journalists. That is where the common and “uninformed” have to stop you; just like their inability to understand transactions or how business actually is done if their sources don’t tell them what’s happening. Sources also tell you what you want to hear sometimes or just a part of the truth. 

Yeah I think it's likely they're just being lied to when it comes to that. It's just nothing new buyers would want getting leaked when they plan to keep Bruce for 9 games. Especially if a DoF is already decided on, they'll likely have their own idea, too.

What an utterly useless comparison. That RafaFacts twitter account is operated by one of the internet's weirdest specimens.

Absolutely love Rafa and would welcome him back with open arms, but can't help but think we should be looking for a completely fresh start.

Its surely ran by that weirdo that used to post on here and hates Eddie Howe?

:lol: Gallowgate End. Dissipated like a fart in the wind.

The rebuttals and tweets themselves are moronic. It literally doesn’t make any sense. Technically it’s as crucial to the business plan, if not more than training ground and X million spend. It’s likely in their budgets and cash flow discussions. It’s how they will plan to attract players, sponsors and corporate partnerships. It’s likely how they convinced each other to bid FFS. It’s just a very lazy comment when they go to the utmost detail to try and explain everything else.

Why not just simply say “we have not seen a shortlist; the buyer maintains that Steve Bruce is currently the manager.” Or something like that.

Aside from their abilities as managers, Poch would only be here for the money/glamour. Rafa wanted to be here when we were shit. He also already has a plan for the whole club.

But we don't even know if we can have Rafa, that's where the complication lies. Would he leave mid-contract? Would we really be prepared to pay £20m to buy him out of his current one? Until I know the definitive answer, I am going to be looking at realistic alternatives as well.

Although I would love to have Rafa back IF it's on the table. Still very intrigued to see what he could do with a full budget to work with.

But we don't even know if we can have Rafa, that's where the complication lies. Would he leave mid-contract? Would we really be prepared to pay £20m to buy him out of his current one? Until I know the definitive answer, I am going to be looking at realistic alternatives as well.

Although I would love to have Rafa back IF it's on the table. Still very intrigued to see what he could do with a full budget to work with.

We could get Poch for an extra year for that money.