Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Interesting take from Keith here re legal action going past March.

:lol: So interesting  :lol:

In the summer he’ll state he never said which March.

You can mock but time will tell my friend.

I'm sure you can appreciate the cynicism though.

We defeinitely heard from somehere that February was going to be an important month (or words to that affect).

Certainly can it’s frustrating but I’m sure as long as we get the right result, we’ll all agree it’ll be worth the wait.

I'm sure you can appreciate the cynicism though.

We defeinitely heard from somehere that February was going to be an important month (or words to that affect).

Certainly can it’s frustrating but I’m sure as long as we get the right result, we’ll all agree it’ll be worth the wait.

Oh there's absolutely no doubt about that.

Just wish I/we knew what was going on and what the real time frame was.

Two months on from this post and it’s now officially come true :lol:

I’ve been a big believer in all of this, but how long can we hear:

‘It’ll be done by May June July August’

‘Arbitration will be done by January February March’

Actions speak louder than words now. So far, we’ve had f*** all actions.

The next ‘deadline’ will almost certainly be the end of the season next. Then we’ll have wild speculation all season before we hear it’s off and the cycle begins again.

12 months on, we’ve still seen no actions to back up any of this confidence.

Cheers pal.

Here’s hoping we can pick up a couple of wins and some good news by the end of the month. It is the only thing keeping me even half arsed at the minute. I’m done if we Ashley and the obese Doubtfire are here in August.

Cheers pal.

Here’s hoping we can pick up a couple of wins and some good news by the end of the month. It is the only thing keeping me even half arsed at the minute. I’m done if we Ashley and the obese Doubtfire are here in August.

Same, this is the only thing keeping me interested otherwise I’d be happy for it to burn.

If there was a single piece of credible and authenticated evidence that this was going through then I'd be positive about it but there just isn't. I don't do blind faith and crossed fingers etc, fair play if you do, good on you. Sincerely hope it's happening and I'm wrong but there's nothing I've seen or read that is tangible proof it's going ahead. Delighted to be proved wrong in the next few weeks/months/years.

I still think the legal case is to get the takeover through rather than compensation and also that DeMarco would have advised that it was worth pursuing... which felt positive.

However, from the timelines posted previously we should have been well in to arbitration by now which sounds like isn't the case. I get its better to settle without, but if they were so sure in their case then surely you'd just push it through?

I still think the legal case is to get the takeover through rather than compensation and also that DeMarco would have advised that it was worth pursuing... which felt positive.

However, from the timelines posted previously we should have been well in to arbitration by now which sounds like isn't the case. I get its better to settle without, but if they were so sure in their case then surely you'd just push it through?

Not according to De Marco’s interview with Kieran McGuire, he advises against arbitration as even if case is strong there’s no guarantees.

If there was a single piece of credible and authenticated evidence that this was going through then I'd be positive about it but there just isn't. I don't do blind faith and crossed fingers etc, fair play if you do, good on you. Sincerely hope it's happening and I'm wrong but there's nothing I've seen or read that is tangible proof it's going ahead. Delighted to be proved wrong in the next few weeks/months/years.

:thup:

What does he mean by “otherwise the seller would stop the legals”?

Is he saying that if it isn’t done by the end of this month, Ashley will pull the plug?

So that's him now gone from "definitely happening" to "it might not".

This is where the slow deflation of the balloon officially begins then.

Nothing has changed.

Has Ashley issued a statement to say the Takeover is off?

Has Staveley said that the Takeover is off?

Have DeMarco and co told us they are no longer on the case?

NO . . . they haven't.

Things are still happening quietly behind the scenes - as they SHOULD be.

Quiet - no leaks - is good.

All we have to do (still . . . ) is just W A I T.

Apart from a dramatic headline from a shit stirring cunt, absolutely nothing has changed today. The arbitration is continuing no one has disputed that. We all know Ashley will be problematic to negotiate with if we go down, and we can all speculate whether he will accept a lower price or not.

So to clarify amongst all this hysteria, yesterday we still required approval and survival for deal to definitely go through.

Today we still require approval and survival for the deal to definitely go through.

Think I’ll return to my zen like positive state.

Apart from a dramatic headline from a shit stirring cunt, absolutely nothing has changed today. The arbitration is continuing no one has disputed that. We all know Ashley will be problematic to negotiate with if we go down, and we can all speculate whether he will accept a lower price or not.

So to clarify amongst all this hysteria, yesterday we still required approval and survival for deal to definitely go through.

Today we still require approval and survival for the deal to definitely go through.

Think I’ll return to my zen like positive state.

I’m still with you on the optimism stakes, though I’m now of the view that it may be months rather than weeks away. My main concern is avoiding relegation, as I think this is the key to the timing of any action.