Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Again, be it positive or negative nae cunt knows anything until there is a ruling in the hearing. A hearing that probably hasn’t even started yet.

Edited by gdm

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

Again, be it positive or negative nae cunt knows anything until there is a ruling in the hearing. A hearing that probably hasn’t even started yet.

Exactly. This is why relegation simplifies things. The arbitration will continue anyway because they will want to ensure a smooth passage once promotion happened.

The thing is, the PL got away with stalling our takeover with ‘relatively’ not much noise about it. The average football supporter won’t know a whole lot about it other than we had a collapsed takeover (if at all), no clue why or what actually happened.

Now if we’re taken over in the Championship, the PL will still have to approve PIF as a director once we’re promoted but it would be totally unprecedented to block a promoted team from playing in the PL. It would be non stop headline news which is the last thing they would want.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Exactly. This is why relegation simplifies things. The arbitration will continue anyway because they will want to ensure a smooth passage once promotion happened.

The thing is, the PL got away with stalling our takeover with ‘relatively’ not much noise about it. The average football supporter won’t know a whole lot about it other than we had a collapsed takeover (if at all), no clue why or what actually happened.

Now if we’re taken over in the Championship, the PL will still have to approve PIF as a director once we’re promoted but it would be totally unprecedented to block a promoted team from playing in the PL. It would be non stop headline news which is the last thing they would want.

Not totally unprecedented and they blocked Swindon. This though would be trickier as they would be blocking a club who would only have missed 4 season or so of Premier League football out of 30.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Not totally unprecedented and they blocked Swindon. This though would be trickier as they would be blocking a club who would only have missed 4 season or so of Premier League football out of 30.

What was the deal with Swindon? Did they not go into administration?

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

What was the deal with Swindon? Did they not go into administration?

From what I can find, they were found guilty of paying players illegal payments. No idea how that is possible, but they were.

I don’t think it would look good on the EFL or FA if the Premier League turned around and said our owners are not fit and proper when the EFL approved them. However Rick Parry is in Liverpool’s pockets, so it’s not a given that the EFL will approve them either.

16 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Tbh I think they'd quite happily block us and the media would probably support them on it too

If they took over us in the EFL and the Premier League denied us promotion then they would just ignite the European Super League rumours and claim to make us join that with the top 6 and say they will buy the best players for us.

1 minute ago, buzz said:

Tbh I think they'd quite happily block us and the media would probably support them on it too

There must be a reason that Ashley went to the High Court to get the proposed Chairman of the arbitration to stand down. The high court action allegedly put the arbitration back by a few months, so looks to me they were thinking there was/is going to be a set agenda.

12 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

There must be a reason that Ashley went to the High Court to get the proposed Chairman of the arbitration to stand down. The high court action allegedly put the arbitration back by a few months, so looks to me they were thinking there was/is going to be a set agenda.

I think there’s a couple of very good reasons they wanted him removed. He played a part in amending the o&d test, basically the stage after the reg our arbitration is being decided on.

He’s also been requested to act on behalf of bird and bird and PL in numerous other cases. I get there’s a limited number of QC’s, but he does seem to be getting a fair amount of business acting on their behalf. The part which I didn’t like is where he entered into communication with bird and bird on the matter of his impartiality, even bird and bird stated they we’re uncomfortable with this and informed Denton’s. 

We just have to hope the publicity shined on him ensures his impartiality. However, I can see entirely where the club we’re coming from him in wanting him removed.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Whitley mag said:

I think there’s a couple of very good reasons they wanted him removed. He played a part in amending the o&d test, basically the stage after the reg our arbitration is being decided on.

He’s also been requested to act on behalf of bird and bird and PL in numerous other cases. I get there’s a limited number of QC’s, but he does seem to be getting a fair amount of business acting in their behalf. The part which I didn’t like is where he entered into communication with bird and bird on the matter of his impartiality, even bird and bird stated they we’re uncomfortable with this and informed Denton’s. 

We just have to hope the publicity shined on him ensures his impartiality. However, I can see entirely where the club we’re coming from him in wanting him removed.

I agree the fact is he is still there though, which makes you wonder if there is a set agenda.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I agree the fact is he is still there though, which makes you wonder if there is a set agenda.

I think the PL are happy with him clearly, which by default obviously makes us nervous. 

We just have to trust in the process at this stage, I can’t see club delaying this any further with another appeal.

42 minutes ago, Stifler said:

From what I can find, they were found guilty of paying players illegal payments. No idea how that is possible, but they were.

I don’t think it would look good on the EFL or FA if the Premier League turned around and said our owners are not fit and proper when the EFL approved them. However Rick Parry is in Liverpool’s pockets, so it’s not a given that the EFL will approve them either.

That may be the case but they simply don’t have the framework in their o&d’s test to do what the premier league have done.

8 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

The club released that statement about the high court case over 3 weeks ago and it's been remarkably quiet since. Even Keith has stopped tweeting out rallying cries.

Keith’s case is parked behind clubs nothing he can do at this point, apart from hope and pray like the rest of us.

22 hours ago, Candi_Hills said:

The club released that statement about the high court case over 3 weeks ago and it's been remarkably quiet since. Even Keith has stopped tweeting out rallying cries.

There you go Candi as if by magic.

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

has arbitration even started?

literally have lost all hope it's going to happen. 

No it hasn’t. Nothing happens quickly at this point.

Just remember as long as this arbitration takes, that doesn’t suddenly mean we’ve passed the o&d’s test. It just clarifies one small section of it.

The PL will have to conduct another o&d’s test if and when the consortium put themselves forward again. Or pick up from that very early stage they were at before. You’d have to imagine in the unlikely event that we stay up that this will still be dragging on into next season.

Relegation really simplifies things.

26 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

How does relegation simplify things? I thought it meant renegotiating with our infuriatingly awkward, unscrupulous, lying fat fuck of an owner. When has that ever been simple?

Because the club will be worth about 50 pence and anyone could buy it. 

36 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

How does relegation simplify things? I thought it meant renegotiating with our infuriatingly awkward, unscrupulous, lying fat fuck of an owner. When has that ever been simple?

I think it’s already been agreed. “We’ll wait to a point if the club remain in the PL, assuming the legal case goes well. But if the club is heading for relegation, don’t prevent it and we’ll move forward from there”

He’ll get what he’s looking for.