Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

12 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think it’s already been agreed. “We’ll wait to a point if the club remain in the PL, assuming the legal case goes well. But if the club is heading for relegation, don’t prevent it and we’ll move forward from there”

He’ll get what he’s looking for.

Where and whom is that quote from?

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I don't think I'll ever get over this fiasco if it ends up that Ashley loses arbitration and PIF walk away for good. 

Same. I've always had a chip on my shoulder about Ashley pissing off the deal that could have been us instead of Man City. Never ever thought that opportunity would come again, now that it has, if it doesn't come off I just can't see me bothering. 

People say its not about the money and any owner would do but we'll just end up with another Ashley. With PIF and their billions you get guaranteed financial security for the club. Along with star players eventually joining. It's every football fans dream for their club. Them walking away would kill hope and ambition. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Same. I've always had a chip on my shoulder about Ashley pissing off the deal that could have been us instead of Man City. Never ever thought that opportunity would come again, now that it has, if it doesn't come off I just can't see me bothering. 

People say its not about the money and any owner would do but we'll just end up with another Ashley. With PIF and their billions you get guaranteed financial security for the club. Along with star players eventually joining. It's every football fans dream for their club. Them walking away would kill hope and ambition. 

Mate the region, the club...transformed. We would in a very short period of time have a very different club and one we could be proud of. We would have quality manger, quality players - a fan base begging to get back into the stadium. We'd be dreaming again. We'd have our legends properly honored and respected. We the fans would be finally respected and heard.

Instead, we're in purgatory. 

Jut thinking or talking about NUFC now-a-days actually upsets me. I try to avoid it to save myself from getting depressed over it. 

Edited by Kanji

If PIF walk away I'm convinced someone else will be along very soon after. They might not have the riches or ambitions of Staveley & Co, but I genuinely believe we're close to a post-Ashley world. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

If PIF walk away I'm convinced someone else will be along very soon after. They might not have the riches or ambitions of Staveley & Co, but I genuinely believe we're close to a post-Ashley world. 

I hope so mate. You know this whole thing has absolutely shattered me! :-(

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Well officially they have, and there has been nothing to stop anyone else from coming in during this season to make an offer to Ashley. Perhaps they have, but I believe his loyalty to making a deal with the Saudis goes further than just the sale of nufc, there might be some sort of agreements which could further his reach with “Fraser Group” in the Middle East.

He’s been over there quite a lot in the last few months.

7 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Well officially they have, and there has been nothing to stop anyone else from coming in during this season to make an offer to Ashley. Perhaps they have, but I believe his loyalty to making a deal with the Saudis goes further than just the sale of nufc, there might be some sort of agreements which could further his reach with “Fraser Group” in the Middle East.

He’s been over there quite a lot in the last few months.

I agree, I think there’s a reason why he’s so adamant about selling to the Saudis. I’m sure it was reported at the start that he hopes to do business with them long term.

Seems like everyone’s sending an Easter message to say we’re still fighting for this. Keith is on a certain podcast tonight for anyone interested in listening.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Still worried the twat will scrape through and be the centre of attention on the final day.

Would love to see him jumping for joy all over Craven Cottage and then do a Billy big bollocks interview where he talks about doing it his way and his mega plans for next season only for Amanda to come in and bin the useless twat 10 minutes after getting the Milburn front door key.

7 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Would love to see him jumping for joy all over Craven Cottage and then do a Billy big bollocks interview where he talks about doing it his way and his mega plans for next season only for Amanda to come in and bin the useless twat 10 minutes after getting the Milburn front door key.

Yep, I couldn't give a toss if he runs around the Craven Cottage stark bollock naked in celebration of keeping us up - not if the bigger picture is us being bought by the PIF consortium.

... a fair horrible image to have in the mind though :icon_puke_l: