Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

46 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This ongoing takeover has been more harm than good to the club for months.

Apart from the ongoing stress of it I’m not really sure what would be different. There is no way Ashley would have spent anymore due to Covid and I can safely say Bruce would still be here. 

Would another buyer have come along ? 15 years tells us no and even more so in a pandemic.

Nope this takeover is hope of the promised land and all many of us cling to.

Edited by Whitley mag

Shows they've an interest in the club at least, that's nice of them. But it's no closer to deciphering the outcome of arbitration, which is what matters for this takeover! It does feel like this consortium or nobody will realistically buy us though, the club's been for sale for 3 and a bit years and these are the only credible ones that got anywhere, that we know of. 

36 minutes ago, Ben said:

Is arbitration set or are they still talking about cutting a deal before it begins? 

Arbitration is about trying to find a resolution, a deal could be struck before or during hearing. I don’t think anyone is non the wiser whether the hearing has begun or not. I get the impression though that people around the deal are confident of our legal argument.

I'm instinctively dubious when it comes to anything on Twitter, but I honestly can't see why the likes of Ghodoussi and De Marco (especially the latter) would fuck about with teasing supporters on social media just for a giggle. They're both savvy and at least one of them is a supreme professional at the very top of their particular game; they know they've got a captive audience and will know that their comments will prick ears; what exactly would be in it for them to take the piss? 

But likewise, assuming their posts are neither wind-ups nor just a case of them both failing miserably to read the room: I still don't know what their motivation is for posting at all. Are they trying to keep the supporters agile and interested in case they're needed to fight the battle on the popular front again, like with that petition? 

I've still got some optimism in all this. The smoke's never gone away. 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I don't believe that account is genuine. 

Its been verified many times, every time someone queries it....cant find where it is in previous threads, but it’s been mentioned on loads of occasions and confirmed as real

1 minute ago, Jinky Jim said:

Its been verified many times, every time someone queries it....cant find where it is in previous threads, but it’s been mentioned on loads of occasions and confirmed as real

Not verified on twitter, registered in 2009, but not one like until 2017?

I just think it's a fan being some sort of clown. 

Happy for others to believe it is if they want to,  but I just dont.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Didn't George Caulkin say it was legit?

Just now, mighty__mag said:

It’s been confirmed by journalists that it’s 100% him. It’s definitely him mind.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I choose to believe he isn’t just referring to the late equaliser today.

I am sure he was most definitely not referring to our late equaliser . . though he was using it as a (sort of) 'cover', if questioned.

I think that's the one and only clue right now - they keep typing these not so subtle tweets and have no reason to wind us up. So something is in the pipeline.

Big question for a while has been whether relegation kills the deal.

12 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

I mean, if someone has waited 12 years after registering a parody account for a random businessman in the hope that he might become relevant... :lol:

Unusual amount of direct engagement with the fanbase these past few days. 

I do wonder whether we'd even be told if there'd been a positive outcome to the arbritation case in light of our current circumstances, certainly don't see PIF resubmitting a bid until our status is confirmed which means in my eyes this drags out till June at the earliest.