Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The timing is interesting together with the other stuff this week, but he was only the chairman, Sheffield United is still owned by a Saudi prince so if that were an issue it still would be. 

Win the arbitration case and that reported issue wouldn’t be a problem either.

36 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The timing is interesting together with the other stuff this week, but he was only the chairman, Sheffield United is still owned by a Saudi prince so if that were an issue it still would be. 

Apparently it's the chairman that's an issue and not the owner due to the chairman having day to day involvement. 

9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Be surprised if it doesn’t as the Premier League have not backed down one bit so far.

Quite right, they haven't, and they won't . . . until they DO.

They WILL back down though, or lose Arbitration (they won't want that) or lose the Legal Case (they won't want that - though it is very unlikely to even reach that stage) 

I have no legal knowledge and I am not an "ITK" but I do know a number of very serious legal people who do (including one who knows De-Marco) and they all say the EPL have no grounds under their O D T rules to do what they have done and so there must be some (totally "invalid") outside reason or reasons, some 'outside force', causing them to behave the way they have. The EPL are, as a result of that alone, on a guaranteed legal loser !!

It is just a matter of (bloody awful) "time" before the EPL back down or lose. De-Marco (I'm told) is really looking forward to whatever happens, as it is seen as a win / win / win for us.

So . . . us supporters just have to W A I T (!)

29 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Apparently it's the chairman that's an issue and not the owner due to the chairman having day to day involvement. 

Did you get that from Burnsie's Twitter post? If so, it's 100% likely to be bullshit and not what the PL rules state.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No way the premier league back down, it will go to arbitration and they have got to be pretty confident of winning otherwise they wouldn’t have been the ones to suggest it.

kicking the can down the road i believe

9 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Did you get that from Burnsie's Twitter post? If so, it's 100% likely to be bullshit and not what the PL rules state.

Who's burnise mouth of the tyne? 

If so no but I did get it from twitter where I've seen a number of people say it. Isn't there more than one Premier league club with the owners who are the same nationality though? 

Edit - obviously not the nationality that matters but surely there are other owners that can be linked like the Saudi family

Edited by Scotty66

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No way the premier league back down, it will go to arbitration and they have got to be pretty confident of winning otherwise they wouldn’t have been the ones to suggest it.

Or they can say to Bein look we tried but it wasn’t our decision.

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Who's burnise mouth of the tyne? 

If so no but I did get it from twitter where I've seen a number of people say it. Isn't there more than one Premier league club with the owners who are the same nationality though? 

Yes.

The issue isn't being the same nationality, it's both being part of the same royal family with MbS being the de facto ruler in what is an absolute monarchy where his word is law.

Anyway, it's only a potential issue if MbS agrees to become a director, which he clearly isn't willing to do.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yes.

The issue isn't being the same nationality, it's both being part of the same royal family with MbS being the de facto ruler in what is an absolute monarchy where his word is law.

Anyway, it's only a potential issue if MbS agrees to become a director, which he clearly isn't willing to do.

Yeah agree, I just edited my post as it isn't the nationality that matters but the fact they are linked. It does seem strange given the timing that he's stepped down though. Fingers crossed its all coming together. 

4 hours ago, manorpark said:

Quite right, they haven't, and they won't . . . until they DO.

They WILL back down though, or lose Arbitration (they won't want that) or lose the Legal Case (they won't want that - though it is very unlikely to even reach that stage) 

I have no legal knowledge and I am not an "ITK" but I do know a number of very serious legal people who do (including one who knows De-Marco) and they all say the EPL have no grounds under their O D T rules to do what they have done and so there must be some (totally "invalid") outside reason or reasons, some 'outside force', causing them to behave the way they have. The EPL are, as a result of that alone, on a guaranteed legal loser !!

It is just a matter of (bloody awful) "time" before the EPL back down or lose. De-Marco (I'm told) is really looking forward to whatever happens, as it is seen as a win / win / win for us.

So . . . us supporters just have to W A I T (!)

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

You give that organisation far more credit than they, as a collection of not very intelligent and not very talented people, actually deserve.

I think you will (still though) enjoy the eventual outcome of this - as we all will.

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is this arbitration case the same as what was one offer last year? I got the impression that was more like an in-house arbitration process at the PL, whereas this is a bit more of a grand affair. And I've always had the impression that this legal route that the good guys are currently pursuing was most certainly not suggested by the PL and, in fact, it's got their arses a bit twitchy.

If anyone with more insight can verify this, I'd appreciate it.

58 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Is this arbitration case the same as what was one offer last year? I got the impression that was more like an in-house arbitration process at the PL, whereas this is a bit more of a grand affair. And I've always had the impression that this legal route that the good guys are currently pursuing was most certainly not suggested by the PL and, in fact, it's got their arses a bit twitchy.

Yeah it’s definitely slightly different to the arbitration offered by the PL last year as far as I recall. 

59 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

The High Court judgement confirmed that it is the PL's arbitration process, which will be the same process they were offered last year. Although, the scope of it could possibly be different to that offered last year.

If the PL really were that confident they would have just disqualified the directors and allowed the club to appeal which would have put the matter to bed one way or the other much sooner.

6 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Could we not just do a Mr Burns and make an actual canary the official chairman, Canary M Burns?! They couldn't block on account of it being an obvious scam because we've got away with a token gesture scam in Charnley for long enough, an actual canary would be an upgrade. Would at least think for itself

If the Premier League approve an NUFC takeover, by PIF, it won't be a "backdown."  The Premier League will make a statement (sometime shortly after any sale is completed) that additional information was provided, that agreements were established, and that changes were made that now allow the new owners to satisfy the requirements of the ODT - it won't be a "backdown" by the Premier League.

13 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

So we're all thinking now that this will eventually be passed and that the issue is now how it would be passed and in which year it would be done?

Pretty sure it has to be this summer or never like , surely.

and yes reading comments I do believe , eventually this could now be done.