Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

13 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Eh?  If they going to reform the game, I'd say foreign takeovers are less likely.

The whole format of the Super league is clearly driven by the American owners who can't grasp the concept of relegation.  When they purchase a sporting franchise they want their asset to be ring-fenced.  Forming the Super league with no relegation means they are assured of obscene amounts of money with no prospect of falling off the gravy train!

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Eh?  If they going to reform the game, I'd say foreign takeovers are less likely.

Yes, but not this foreign takeover!!

If our takeover happens it would go a very long way towards filling any financial shortfalls when these six clubs are banned and removed for good.

The Premier League will know this

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Imagine Charnley sitting there, puffing away on a cigar. "Before we start this meeting, if you pass our takeover, you have our support."

Not really, he’ll be delighted this isn’t going through, where else is he going to steal a living?

Guest reefatoon
58 minutes ago, Robster said:

I mean, Ashley can sometimes be a lucky fuck but this could top the lot. :lol:

He's also a massive childish vindictive nasty cunt too. He'll be all over that like.

Ashley relies on us being bottom feeders who get spanked off the big clubs coming to our stadium, its the best advertising space he has to peddle his garbage brands to wider audiences. 

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Imagine Charnley sitting there, puffing away on a cigar. "Before we start this meeting, if you pass our takeover, you have our support."

More likely to be sitting there with a Munch Bunch yogurt smeared all over his face and...."Takeover want. Then we help"

The government are only just putting a team together now to look at a fan led review. Our sole focus should be on arbitration which will be completed before any government legislation. 

That’s the best I can muster at the minute Jinky 😂. Keep the faith still confident this will go through.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The government are only just putting a team together now to look at a fan led review. Our sole focus should be on arbitration which will be completed before any government legislation. 

That’s the best I can muster at the minute Jinky 😂. Keep the faith still confident this will go through.

I’m pretty confident that arbitration will eventually go our way.......I’ll leave any doubts about other issues to the other thread🤪

1 minute ago, Jinky Jim said:

I’m pretty confident that arbitration will eventually go our way.......I’ll leave any doubts about other issues to the other thread🤪

Yeah lot of noise but the one thing we know is arbitration will happen. I’m confident we win it also. PIF aren’t buying Inter for me and I think all this Super League nonsense will collapse (Chelsea already gone the rest will follow).

Interesting conversation on separation here aswell Jinky.