Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Fuck all then.

So you've assigned yourself as the "realist" based on fuck all.

Conversely, the others see the same corruption as you do and see legs in it, thats literally it. Dunno what's so hard to understand with that and why it's pretty relasitic but here we are on a Saturday afternoon discussing it. 

Just boring as fuck.

Same time next week👍

:lol: You get someone’s point of view wrong and then throw a strop. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

If you think it's bad now, wait until all of this doesn't lead to the takeover being completed. Then when you point out you were actually right, it'll be "can't believe you're celebrating it not going through". 

15 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Eh? Strop? [emoji38]

I'll ignore the fact you're trying to divert the conversation O0 and crack on with my day. It's absolutely clear you have nothing. 

Edit: FYI, your point is they have the capacity to pull off an ultra precise cover up, which would weather legal scrutiny by some of the best lawyers in the UK, when they can't even carry out their own ODT. 

Oh and you're basing this on your opinion. 

"Realist" though. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Just now, Thumbheed said:

Eh? Strop? [emoji38]

I'll ignore the fact you're trying to divert the conversation O0 and crack on with my day. It's absolutely clear you have nothing. 

I’m not sure what conversation I’m diverting. I was responding to your inaccurate post which said it’s impossible to separate thinking it’ll fail from the PL being right.

Since then you’ve just got a bit upset. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

If you think it's bad now, wait until all of this doesn't lead to the takeover being completed. Then when you point out you were actually right, it'll be "can't believe you're celebrating it not going through". 

The positive folk are so passionate about it, they just can’t believe people can have other opinions :lol: Outrageous.

It’s difficult because I would like to have a serious conversation about it, but they’re unable to because they fly off the handle and get upset at the first hint of someone not agreeing that the takeover will happen.

I completely get the idea that that the PL have tried to cover and protect themselves.
On the flip side, I can understand that they might not be clever enough to be watertight and the fact that (I'm guessing), millions of pounds are being spent on fighting them, would suggest that they have left themselves open.

I do believe that if they felt they were untouchable, they would have formally rejected the ODT application and told the Consortium to fuck off. They could have nipped this in the bud a long time ago. Until I hear them say why they didn't, I will suspect that they know that are on dodgy ground.

Guest reefatoon

I think the most glorious thing of the takeover will be seeing the new era in and seeing the back of all the shite. No more Ashley, Charnley, Bruce, Joelinton, Krafht, fantail breeze, Shelvey, the collection of Steve’s, Joey Linton and Hendrick. All will just drift away into distant memory as the good times return. Not long now.

2 minutes ago, Robster said:

I completely get the idea that that the PL have tried to cover and protect themselves.
On the flip side, I can understand that they might not be clever enough to be watertight and the fact that (I'm guessing), millions of pounds are being spent on fighting them, would suggest that they have left themselves open.

I do believe that if they felt they were untouchable, they would have formally rejected the ODT application and told the Consortium to fuck off. They could have nipped this in the bud a long time ago. Until I hear them say why they didn't, I will suspect that they know that are on dodgy ground.

I don’t disagree. But you could flip it and say - why would the PL spend tens of millions defending a position if they know they are on shaky ground?

Both sides obviously think they have a case. 

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The positive folk are so passionate about it, they just can’t believe people can have other opinions :lol: Outrageous.

It’s difficult because I would like to have a serious conversation about it, but they’re unable to because they fly off the handle and get upset at the first hint of someone not agreeing that the takeover will happen.

Positive people do tend to be passionate by nature to be fair. Just like negative people tend to be relentless knobs like JoeyLinton. 

I don't actually mind your posts as at least you engage/have actual points, just in the wrong takeover thread :D

Edited by Hhtoon

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t disagree. But you could flip it and say - why would the PL spend tens of millions defending a position if they know they are on shaky ground?

They might not be, we'll know fairly soon whether they're going to fight it or not. So far they have been suspiciously quiet about it.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fair but I suppose they have to try and defend themselves. No one is just going to buckle and admit it immediately and they will likely feel the pressure from their lobbyists to fight it.
Agreed they both clearly believe they are right.

I think we can all agree that this wasn't done in a fair manner due to the outside influence which the PL allowed themselves to be swayed by.

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Positive people do tend to be passionate by nature to be fair. Just like negative people tend to be relentless knobs like JoeyLinton. 

I don't actually mind your posts as at least you engage/have actual points, just in the wrong takeover thread :D

[emoji38] Aye, JoeyLinton only appears after someone else comes in to say something. Reminds me of this fella.

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Relentless? I've not posted on this thread all week until today. :lol:

Even then it was to ask a question, which was swerved (twice). 

Not like someone on this thread to make something out to be way more significant than it really is though. That would never happen. :lol:

5 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Nobody is tortured in here though. It’s a nice distraction from the utter filth we have had to sit through on the pitch. There are only a small few people who seem to be tortured and they constantly keep coming in here to tell everyone else that this thread should be locked or removed. The regular posters in here are not tortured at all, the complete opposite really. 

Reef, if it makes you happy.👍🏻

I was only saying now the seasons over, I expect both these topics to be flooding. The thing is I'm not on a particular side, its unusual it's a divided topic, but obviously it was for the pessimists and the fantasists. Personally I'd only enter the chat/debate whatever we want to call it, when there's good evidence its happening. I really, like all, want it to happen. But I also don't trust and never have trusted Mike Ashley where takeovers are concerned. I'll dip in and out, but I was just pointing out I fully expect these threads to rule the entire forum once the season is officially over. 

Edited by mighty__mag

Guest reefatoon
26 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Reef, if it makes you happy.👍🏻

I was only saying now the seasons over, I expect both these topics to be flooding. The thing is I'm not on a particular side, its unusual it's a divided topic, but obviously it was for the pessimists and the fantasists. Personally I'd only enter the chat/debate whatever we want to call it, when there's good evidence its happening. I really, like all, want it to happen. But I also don't trust and never have trusted Mike Ashley where takeovers are concerned. I'll dip in and out, but I was just pointing out I fully expect these threads to rule the entire forum once the season is officially over. 

Totally see what you are saying fella, and my reply wasn’t meant to be any kind of dig at you personally as you are a good poster, it was more of a general thing. :thup: You will be right too, I think these two threads are as busy as they are because without any kind of hope of a takeover there is just nothing there as a club to follow or support. Some people clinging on to hope for better things and some people just worn down from the shell of a club we have become.

Edited by reefatoon

6 hours ago, reefatoon said:

I think the most glorious thing of the takeover will be seeing the new era in and seeing the back of all the shite. No more Ashley, Charnley, Bruce, Joelinton, Krafht, fantail breeze, Shelvey, the collection of Steve’s, Joey Linton and Hendrick. All will just drift away into distant memory as the good times return. Not long now.

This is the only thing keeping me attached to the club at the minute.

I'd go with this:

Big Phil Banks

O'Donoghue          Keith           Gordon           Ally McBeal

De Marco               Fatima              Jowels

OJ's laywer    MJ's lawyer    Adam J's lawyer              

21 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

I'd go with this:

Big Phil Banks

O'Donoghue          Keith           Gordon           Ally McBeal

De Marco               Fatima              Jowels

OJ's laywer    MJ's lawyer    Adam J's lawyer              

Whitley in for McBeal and you're not far off there.