Newcastle United 3 - 0 Sheffield United - 21/06/2020 - Post-match from page 24

BlueStar

We look safe now , the one good thing if this takeover goes through.

Would be very tidy getting into Europe also

Could attract some better players and be one step further

Only issue is Bruce might stay manager

Wilder criticising the ref for booking Egan and Joelinton in the 1st half

Both of his booking could have been a red card. The first one for sticking his head in, the 2nd for being the last man and denying a goal scoring opportunity.

He never takes defeats well or with grace. He also seems to have let the pressure get to him considering the other comments he made.

Was a bit soft like but Egan was thick as mince to pull him down knowing he was on a Yellow, Joelinton would have probably just went on and ran the ball out of play anyway.

Both of his booking could have been a red card. The first one for sticking his head in, the 2nd for being the last man and denying a goal scoring opportunity.

He never takes defeats well or with grace. He also seems to have let the pressure get to him considering the other comments he made.

The 1st one was absolutely not a red card

His interviews are usually spot on

Guest neesy111

The first wasn't even a yellow card.

The 1st one was absolutely not a red card

His interviews are usually spot on

I’ve seen players sent off for doing exactly that, and if a red was given, I doubt an appeal would be successful. I obviously apply the same logic to Joelinton, and when the referee went to pull out a card I was hoping it wasn’t red.

Guest Carrick18

Mad to say he'd have been better off letting the striker run through on goal, but it's true.

Daft decision, fair red, but Wilder needs to deflect a bit because they've been bang average in the two games back.

Mad to say he'd have been better off letting the striker run through on goal, but it's true.

Daft decision, fair red, but Wilder needs to deflect a bit because they've been bang average in the two games back.

He didn't deflect. he's heavily criticised his players

I really enjoyed that. I found it really weird but knowing we will be taken over one way or another and Ashley is serious about fucking off meant I really enjoyed that.  We didn't play all that great but we were the better side before the sending off.

That's us safe now really well pick up at least a point or 2 and I reckon 38 will keep us up anyway.

Guest godzilla

Fair play to the lads. f*** off, Bruce.

One thing you cannot call the players for is their attitude and commitment. We have seen this over the last four years since the championship.

Guest neesy111

Fair play to the lads. f*** off, Bruce.

One thing you cannot call the players for is their attitude and commitment. We have seen this over the last four years since the championship.

It's a likeable set of players minus a couple.

Definitely, they've been fantastically committed for years as you say. Seems like ages since we've had a player that was really dislikeable due to a perceived lack of commitment. We've had some who've had mentality issues, but that's more around confidence rather than guts.

Shelvey's probably the only one since Sissoko left off the top of my head, but then he built up plenty of credit between 2016-2018,cos he was massive for us in those two seasons.

Performance today was very good and all credit to the lads.

Shef Utd looked knackered and deflated after the Villa game but we matched them even before they went down to 10 men. Hayden was absolutely fantastic and the best player on the pitch for me.