Watford 2-1 Newcastle United - 11/07/20 - post match from pg15

Disco

Embarrassing to watch that second half - piss poor defending for both penalties, to call it grassroots level would be a disservice to that level. There is too many players that are not good enough with poor performances being rewarded with playing time due to a lack of quality on the bench or in reserve. I thought Shelvey was anonymous and over the last few games has looked off the pace with a poor touch and minimal involvement. Schar does not have the awareness to play in midfield and again does not look interested.

They need to get out the habit of playing backwards as sadly we're not good enough to do it and it leads to mistakes - the Deeney chance which luckily he missed.

Why are people still obsessed with Villa, ffs? We got our revenge in the end. And that was ages ago.

We're Ashley's Newcastle, what else is supposed to drive us? There'll never really be a final revenge, I'll probably always want them to be shit. Having them laugh at us, celebrating, at Villa Park, can't imagine it'll ever not be satisfying seeing their club going down. What is football about if not bitterness and grudges?

Embarrassing to watch that second half - piss poor defending for both penalties, to call it grassroots level would be a disservice to that level. There is too many players that are not good enough with poor performances being rewarded with playing time due to a lack of quality on the bench or in reserve. I thought Shelvey was anonymous and over the last few games has looked off the pace with a poor touch and minimal involvement. Schar does not have the awareness to play in midfield and again does not look interested.

They need to get out the habit of playing backwards as sadly we're not good enough to do it and it leads to mistakes - the Deeney chance which luckily he missed.

Someone posted earlier that we play with no game plan and this is bang on.  We actually just seem to react to whatever the opposition do.  We do not press, don't hit on the break and the overall movement of the team is non existent.  When we have possession it's like give it to Saint and hope for the best.  I actually think we have some good players but we play with no direction or plan.  That's all down to coaching and management.  I really wish we could sack Bruce with immediate effect, that's what I feel about him right now.  A total fraud who appears to have LOTS of friends in the media brainwashing people.

Why are people still obsessed with Villa, ffs? We got our revenge in the end. And that was ages ago.

I'm not too fussed about them sending us down. However, bar the time we went down in 2009, and a few times under Pards, and Steve, I've personally never been more disillusioned with the club, just the fact that we are always one of the 4th or 5th favourites to go down, and 13th/14th is seen as 'tremendous success', and we have a fodder manager who fits that exact description, and there's generally more realisation that we are shite, and always will be unless something significantly changes, so the way I see it, in a perverse sort of it, if I'm unhappy with my club, I'd rather a similar sized club, those often involved in the 'big club' debates and thus, more of a rival, were worse off.

We're Ashley's Newcastle, what else is supposed to drive us? There'll never really be a final revenge, I'll probably always want them to be shit. Having them laugh at us, celebrating, at Villa Park, can't imagine it'll ever not be satisfying seeing their club going down. What is football about if not bitterness and grudges?

Exactly this.  I have wished ill will of them ever since that awful day.

Guest reefatoon

Meh, we are safe. Plenty more performances like this please, so we don’t waste 6 months of next season letting this whopper stay in charge. Get the takeover done then sack Bruce and look forward.

Think everyone in the world apart from Dubravka knew Deeney would go straight down the middle again for the 2nd pen

Just saw the highlights and thought the same. Both definite pens for me too.

Best we’ve played in years. So unlucky.

Another one :lol:

Landing a few fish today :lol:

Guy loves Bruce man what are you on about. Don't let him off the hook!  :D

He doesn’t man. :lol: He just likes to post controversial comments to get bites.

Check his post history. I’m not even sure he knows his own true opinion about anything :lol:

I know! I was trying to wind him up. Thanks for ruining it :lol:

Ha. Sorry man :lol:

Someone posted earlier that we play with no game plan and this is bang on.  We actually just seem to react to whatever the opposition do.  We do not press, don't hit on the break and the overall movement of the team is non existent.  When we have possession it's like give it to Saint and hope for the best.  I actually think we have some good players but we play with no direction or plan.  That's all down to coaching and management.  I really wish we could sack Bruce with immediate effect, that's what I feel about him right now.  A total fraud who appears to have LOTS of friends in the media brainwashing people.

I said there was no plan, as soon as we get the ball they just pressed us to the half way line and let us kick it about in front of them, then it's sideways, backwards, sideways, back to the keeper, hoof and defend, so predictable, so easy to play against, they figured us out after 30 minutes and Bruce couldn't change it.

Glad I didn't wake up hella early to watch this.

When we're up 0-1, I never feel confident that we'll push on and score the second or third and really put the game to bed. And today was no different.

Dumb errors let them back in and the rest was history, classic Newcastle.

How many points have we given to the relegation-threatened teams this year? :huff:

I said there was no plan, as soon as we get the ball they just pressed us to the half way line and let us kick it about in front of them, then it's sideways, backwards, sideways, back to the keeper, hoof and defend, so predictable, so easy to play against, they figured us out after 30 minutes and Bruce couldn't change it.

Was talking about it last night against samptime. The plan is to stick 10 behind the ball, and hope the other team makes a mistake and get them on counter. Pure cowardice aimed at trying not to lose rather than win. Apparently this made me a moron though.  :fool:

Only saw the first half, and even then it seemed like it was too easy to knock us out of our stride, and that was with us going 1-0 up. Watford really did nothing more than run at us hard and that was enough to panic our players into losing possession. I guess that's what happens when you have players who don't really know what their role is.

Only saw the first half, and even then it seemed like it was too easy to knock us out of our stride, and that was with us going 1-0 up. Watford really did nothing more than run at us hard and that was enough to panic our players into losing possession. I guess that's what happens when you have players who don't really know what their role is.

We took the lead and whatever gameplan we had completely fell apart. Started punting it long to Gayle and literally didn't make another passing move thereafter. It was dreadful.

Was talking about it last night against samptime. The plan is to stick 10 behind the ball, and hope the other team makes a mistake and get them on counter. Pure cowardice aimed at trying not to lose rather than win. Apparently this made me a moron though.  :fool:

I really wouldn’t pay any mind to him. He’s really just a voice in the wilderness with maybe one other poster who agrees with him.

He’s decent in the games thread though :shrug: