Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Wilson, Joelinton, ASM, Almiron & Fraser....should have some goals in them next season. You certainly won’t playing all of them at once so we have at least one decent attacking option off them bench.

I think Joelinton is going to relish having a target man up front with him.  Think we'll see a different player this season.

Are you suggesting that we might play with some sort of tactics?

I wouldn't go that far - playing with a striker will be more similar to his role at Hockenheim.  So I think we'll see an improvement but lets face it the bench mark from last season is quite low..

Clearly Joelinton is a better player than what we saw last season. Thrown up front on his own asked to be Andy Carroll, what did anyone expect.

He did miss chances that a striker should be scoring but he’s not a striker and we basically created fuck all for him all season anyway.

With others getting forward and creating space, he will look a different player, also with the benefit of having a year to settle in.

I haven’t given up on him yet.

Clearly Joelinton is a better player than what we saw last season. Thrown up front on his own asked to be Andy Carroll, what did anyone expect.

He did miss chances that a striker should be scoring but he’s not a striker and we basically created fuck all for him all season anyway.

With others getting forward and creating space, he will look a different player, also with the benefit of having a year to settle in.

I haven’t given up on him yet.

this ^

Guest Howaythetoon

Finally the club spend some of the 35m Carrol money on his replacement. If they go out and spend some money on Enrique’s replacement as well, that’s when I’ll no longer be able to contain my excitement and will have to admit to being wrong about Ashley after all and accept that if Rafa was still here and not Bruce, Joselu would have no doubt  be our number 9 and Owen still our record buy.

I read somewhere that he looks great in training so I always feel hopeful that with confidence he'll come good.

Then I remember that someone in an interview claimed that Obertan was one of the most skillful players they'd played with. Unfortunately he was largely average in games so it doesn't always translate.

Could go either way really ...

Joelinton can’t play centre forward and his chronic lack of pace severely restricts him in any other position where we already have better options.

I’ll be amazed if he sees much game time unless he starts miraculously banging them in. We get another striker in and we’ll be looking to offload him.

Joelinton can’t play centre forward and his chronic lack of pace severely restricts him in any other position where we already have better options.

I’ll be amazed if he sees much game time unless he starts miraculously banging them in. We get another striker in and we’ll be looking to offload him.

I’ve never thought he lacked pace mind.

I’ve never thought he lacked pace mind.

He’s slow alright, pace off the mark is terrible, it’s a huge problem.

Wilson is essentially a Darren Bent regen; it's a shame his best days are apparently behind him pace-wise, but it's still nice to have an all-rounder of a striker that can make intelligent runs into the box and hit the ball with some conviction.

Wilson is essentially a Darren Bent regen; it's a shame his best days are apparently behind him pace-wise, but it's still nice to have an all-rounder of a striker that can make intelligent runs into the box and hit the ball with some conviction.

I'm not sure there is anything in this post that I agree with.