Callum Wilson

Strawberry

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why the reaction? Isn't it just the normal thing to do to scan a player's hamstring if they said they felt it at half time?

It’s Wilson - realistically what are the chances he’s fine?

The worry now is we find ourselves in the same position as January and have no choice but to pay over the odds for someone who’s not really good enough. 

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yeah, that reads like. “we know it’s serious. We hope it isn’t too much so” 

Yeah I've just realised that myself too, reads like they know it's serious, just trying to determine how serious.

If there is any significant doubt about his fitness at this stage, and hopefully not, given we are demonstrating that we are not as far away from top six, as the ‘progression plan’ might have predicted I hope they pull out the contingency funds (just made that up, but like the sound of it!) and buy a first choice striker.
Pedro isn’t that kind of signing. He is a fit in, don’t upset the apple cart/dressing room pecking order, and hope he develops further kind of signing.
Really don’t think we are far away from the squad to deliver a cracking season. Without a goal scoring centre forward we will have to temper our expectations. Hope and courage over patience Darren and Dan! 

Such a shame he’s a 3 months out every season player. Would be a true 20 goal a season striker if he had some injury luck. 

Need to splash the cash on a hitting the ground running striker. 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

It’s medium news 

Bad - slight chance he might miss a game or two 

Good - As it means we will definitely sign a forward 

Pretty sure Pedro is the Wilson cover, it won’t be Pedro and then a Wilson replacement imo.

As much as I love him, it's stuff like this that makes you realise he probably needs to be replaced sooner rather than later. If we play as intensely as we have been doing so far this season then his hamstrings are just gonna go pop every few weeks aren't they.

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

You could well be right , although I do expect us to get an additional forward thinking player and I think it will accelerate the process 

Rumours we want Harrison still so fingers crossed.

Guest reefatoon

This is why we should have had a back up/replacement in as early as possible. We just can't count on him being fit and leaving it this late is not ideal in the slightest. We can't go into the season with him as our main striker as he is just never fit.

Guest reefatoon
37 minutes ago, Lotus said:

The Bed Wetting Police will be here in a sec…….

Don't think it's bed wetting when our only striker (injury prone one at that), gets injured after two and a half games.

I have been positive as fuck all through the summer, but to be in this situation by the end of August is crazy really. Thinking we can rely on Wilson will shoot us in the foot.

Edited by reefatoon