Callum Wilson

Strawberry

42 minutes ago, Conjo said:

So how long does this scan take before we have any results?

I kind of think he has a bad injury, the club are not disclosing it so that we are not held to ransom (even more than present) on a striker purchase.

Hope it's not the case. Maybe I was naive, but I genuinely thought he would have a fairly injury free season with all the focus from him moving here partly to improve his post match restitution. Fingers crossed it's a very minor thing and he's fit to play against Wolves. Breaking down 2 games into the season wouldn't be very encouraging to say the least.

11 hours ago, KaKa said:

In my opinion this guy is looking like a lead striker that is ready to go. Don't really see him as a backup guy anymore, I think he's too good. Hard to believe he's 21 years old really. He plays like a senior experienced striker, and he's available for £30 million.

Icon_CI_SPORTS_20220320_43220121.jpg

I find it strange that Benfica would be willing to sell him for £30m? Is that really true, or just rumours? I'd imagine a lot of clubs would've looked into him given his performances in the last few months. 

11 hours ago, KaKa said:

In my opinion this guy is looking like a lead striker that is ready to go. Don't really see him as a backup guy anymore, I think he's too good. Hard to believe he's 21 years old really. He plays like a senior experienced striker, and he's available for £30 million.

Icon_CI_SPORTS_20220320_43220121.jpg

If they are willing to sell and if he would come to us, I think Ramos is the obvious affordable choice (Osimhen and Isak are I fear just not affordable for us) at this point. In terms of team harmony, Wilson can’t grumble too much if he is out for a while. 

2 hours ago, Flip said:

I find it strange that Benfica would be willing to sell him for £30m? Is that really true, or just rumours? I'd imagine a lot of clubs would've looked into him given his performances in the last few months. 

Apparently his manager doesn't fancy him that much, he's had a great start to this season, but not done so well in prior campaigns.

Just now, La Parka said:

The fact we've heard fuck all makes me think it's not nothing.

Or it’s worse than imagined but don’t want to be pressured into paying higher fees for players.

21 hours ago, jack j said:

Deserve everything we get is a bit dramatic like. We've signed over half a team in less than 9 months. One of them has turned out to be shite

Ffp is obviously holding us back so we can hardly just go and throw 100 million to sign a couple like isak and maddison which I'm sure they'd love to do

Ok then

Callum Wilson is confident he can play himself into Gareth Southgate's England squad for this year's World Cup.

Newcastle's number nine has only made four senior England appearances so far, scoring once.

On which four strikers Southgate should take to Qatar, Wilson told the Footballer's Football podcast: "You’re taking Harry Kane. Behind Harry Kane, you’re taking myself, Tammy Abraham is also doing well. You’ve got Ollie Watkins and Danny Ings, who are also doing well.

"I’m on the plane, Harry Kane’s on the plane. There’s going to be players travelling to the World Cup that don’t make the September squad. There’s always one or two players who come from nowhere.

"For me, you’re going Kane, myself, Tammy Abraham, who’s a different kind of striker, and then you’re probably taking Danny Ings. That would probably be my four, form dependant.

"I’m trying to do my talking on the pitch. I always say, I don’t want to talk my way into a squad. I want the football to do the talking for me."

This is from his podcast yesterday - doesn’t sound like someone who thinks they are injured. 

Think we are just being ultra cautious with him for his and our sake.

6 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

If they are willing to sell and if he would come to us, I think Ramos is the obvious affordable choice (Osimhen and Isak are I fear just not affordable for us) at this point. In terms of team harmony, Wilson can’t grumble too much if he is out for a while. 

Never been happier to be wrong! Get in!!! 

2 hours ago, La Parka said:

The fact we've heard fuck all makes me think it's not nothing.

I doubt they'd make an announcement, tbh. If he's okay there's no point telling Wolves. Howe will be asked after tonight's game and he'll remain ambiguous.

It could be that he's fucked and they want to hide that from other clubs, I suppose. Either way we I doubt we'll know until Sunday. 

23 hours ago, STM said:

Hypothetically, would you rather pay 30/35m for a Broja loan/obligation now or keep our powder dry somewhat and sign an Isak next summer for 55/60m?

I'm asking this question because I believe this is exactly what we are doing.

23 hours ago I made this post. I may have got the time wrong, but I got the strategy correct and the player and the fee :lol:

Someone hoy it into the Isak thread and into the hall of fame for that matter.[emoji38]  

From the Athletic.

It does not appear coincidental that Newcastle have made such an aggressive move during the week Callum Wilson was sent for a scan on his hamstring. The 30-year-old’s injury is not serious — he is expected to be sidelined for around three weeks, although the club have not provided a timeframe — but it is the latest in a long line of fitness problems and, without Wilson, Newcastle desperately lack firepower.

Well crap.

Edited by gazza ladra