Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Maxi Gomez is available for 12 million Euros. Mitrovic style striker. Would suit the more direct style in the Prem. Scored a decent amount in Spain when playing for Celta Vigo as they were more direct with crosses into the box. Hasn't quite been the same type of service for him at Valencia.

Linked last December, and been mentioned again more recently.

Solid to potentially really good low cost option that should still allow us to do our other business if Callum Wilson is injured.

Edited by KaKa

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I always find it a bit mad that with money in football, especially the premier league that we don’t get instant results from scan.

They will get an idea from first glance, but it will need thorough analysis. I was a cath lab nurse and could look at someone's arteries and say if they were fucked or not. The doctor would then need to sit down and measure shit, do a few calculations and say how fucked they were and how to fix it. 

3 minutes ago, La Parka said:

They will get an idea from first glance, but it will need thorough analysis. I was a cath lab nurse and could look at someone's arteries and say if they were fucked or not. The doctor would then need to sit down and measure shit, do a few calculations and say how fucked they were and how to fix it. 

So from that he’s fucked, we just need to know how much fucked and what the fix is? 😂

4 minutes ago, La Parka said:

So they could initially see if there was any damage at all, but would take longer to asses severity ?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

So they could initially see if there was any damage at all, but would take longer to asses severity ?

Yeah. Pretty much. They will know all this info within 1h of the scan though. NHS you'll have to wait a looot longer. 

Edited by La Parka

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Would imagine we're downplaying his injury so clubs don't try to ramp up transfer fees on strikers even more than they already are. I don't think the extent of it will be revealed until we've got somebody in. 

“Wilson leg amputated below the knee.”

3 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Don't think it's bed wetting when our only striker (injury prone one at that), gets injured after two and a half games.

I have been positive as fuck all through the summer, but to be in this situation by the end of August is crazy really. Thinking we can rely on Wilson will shoot us in the foot.

I think you’ve misunderstood my post.

55 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sounds profoundly less serious when you watch the presser itself. :lol: :blush:

First q.

Thought his answer when asked again (12:30ish) was a bit more telling and less assured that Wilson was ok.

33 minutes ago, La Parka said:

image.png.d6af84dd42685bff1e2d867f37ccebe1.png

"eee...Calum man, divn't look good fer ya, mate" -La Parka

Just now, mrmojorisin75 said:

i think the woods signing irks me more now that we're a FFP poverty case :lol:

didn't give af throwing 25m to get him cause fully expected he'd be 3rd choice or whatever and we'd never really see him again

Can't we cook the books a little and get Al Hilal to buy him for £20m? Have a nice early retirement in the sun etc 

We’re not in FFP (or P+S) poverty. FFP rules are incredibly lax (and enforcement even more lax) and we have huge room to manoeuvre given the relative lack of outlay in the past few years.

Everton spent £35m on a midfielder a couple of weeks ago and no one batted an eyelid, despite their insane level of spending in previous seasons. 

FFP is a comforting smokescreen; the idea that we’re the one club in history uniquely limited by it is absurd.