Callum Wilson

Strawberry

This is a sickener. Especially as it was such a stupid situation that caused it. 

The media people and even Shearer can piss off saying we shouldn't be using injuries as an excuse this year. 

If any club suffered as many key players missing for so long as we have then they would all have suffered similar seasons or worse. 

Gonna need to wrap Isak up and manage his minutes, otherwise we're going the rest of the season with no true striker. 

2 hours ago, andycap said:

Just think if howe had played Parkinson from the bench this season when Wilson or isak were out we may have a player that's ready to step in for us. 

He can just play Parkinson next game

But we all know he will play Gordon instead and, we will see Parkinson after Gordon is injured

He should have been sold in the summer, I hinted it would be a good time to sell him given his value was probably at peak. 

Just hope we learn from experiences this season has thrown at us and push on next year. 

Tore his peck doing a completely useless and unnecessary tussle at the end of an away match. When a shield, boot it into row z would have sufficed. If anyone wants to try and make excuses you’re insane. He’s 32. He’s not 50. It’s beyond a joke how often this guy gets hurt. 

And before anyone says anything else I’m someone who thinks cal is a king. Love his drive and where he came from and what he represents as a man who made something of his life. 

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

Just seen someone up it on Twitter. Its a wrestling throw in the 97th minute.

https://x.com/NewcastleFansTV/status/1758212109387567598?s=20

I don't think you can blame the player for this. He's just trying to hold it up and seal a much needed win.

Yeah, protecting a lead we'd already given away twice. I think it's silly having a go at him over it. It's exactly what Shearer used to do.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Tore his peck doing a completely useless and unnecessary tussle at the end of an away match. When a shield, boot it into row z would have sufficed. If anyone wants to try and make excuses you’re insane. He’s 32. He’s not 50. It’s beyond a joke how often this guy gets hurt. 

And before anyone says anything else I’m someone who thinks cal is a king. Love his drive and where he came from and what he represents as a man who made something of his life. 

Im pretty sure he’ll be moved on in the summer unless he and the club are happy with a 3rd striker role - cup games, 20-30 mins here and there. 

We need a reliable beast of a striker as a second option to Isak who has also shown he’s injury prone

8 hours ago, andycap said:

Just think if howe had played Parkinson from the bench this season when Wilson or isak were out we may have a player that's ready to step in for us. 

:lol:

Said earlier that I love Wilson as a centre forward, but even I think his time here is up.  Wonderful no.9, but nee use if he’s never going to play for more than a few games before breaking down.  Absolute pisser because he’s a fantastic traditional centre forward.