Callum Wilson

Strawberry

I am extremely pleased with Wilson so far. Knew he was decent but obviously the jury was out on whether he would bang them in for a big club or if he'd stay fit.

Because I myself am a centre forward, watching Joelinton has been particularly fucking infuriating. Watching Calum Wilson, in comparison, is like getting sucked into a flash back of learning how to play upfront. He does the basics with speed and precision, he's enough of a unit to throw himself about a bit, makes the right runs and gets to where the ball is going. This might not sound like much but my Joelinton PTSD has me purring when Wilson is getting tap ins.

I am extremely pleased with Wilson so far. Knew he was decent but obviously the jury was out on whether he would bang them in for a big club or if he'd stay fit.

Because I myself am a centre forward, watching Joelinton has been particularly fucking infuriating. Watching Calum Wilson, in comparison, is like getting sucked into a flash back of learning how to play upfront. He does the basics with speed and precision, he's enough of a unit to throw himself about a bit, makes the right runs and gets to where the ball is going. This might not sound like much but my Joelinton PTSD has me purring when Wilson is getting tap ins.

:lol:

It's really impressive he's got 6 goals with how little we create tbf. He is a proper finisher. Vital for us.

3 penalties and 2 tap ins :lol: gets in the right place though and we haven't had that for a long time.

Guest neesy111

It's really impressive he's got 6 goals with how little we create tbf. He is a proper finisher. Vital for us.

3 penalties and 2 tap ins :lol: gets in the right place though and we haven't had that for a long time.

His tap in today is good movement by him.

His tap in today is good movement by him.

Very alert. Good to see

https://talksport.com/football/782622/

Probably not going to win himself fans or favours with refs for future calls with that!

Still if the player fouls him he fouls him. Andy Townsend was upset at it but 90% of fouls are won with players going down easy or playing smart. No one is complaining when players go down under contact. They are told to and this is no different. Not sure I like it but it's part of the game

Other than being a good poacher, he shows a great deal of intelligence in his forward play. It must be a tough job up there on your own, but he made it look easy where others have been totally bewildered.

He’s physically fit and mobile enough to do it as well, which helps. Actually Ferran Torres for Man City reminded me a bit of him the other night. 

He played it well and the Talksport dramatisation of that is Talksport all over.  All good strikers do that and it was a foul.  He didn't dive, it had a VAR review and it was clearly as pen.  He just positioned his body so he would most likely win a pen when it wouldn't have been an easy chance.  He should not receive any criticism.

If anyone is annoyed by that then they should blame the rules as he didn't go down without contact.