Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Don't really understand the rule change and definitely missed it! Might as well simplify everything everywhere on the pitch if they doing that. His arm is by his side naturally, arguably if it hit below the cut off point too, frustrating and it turbo charged Brentford. All is well that ends well though. 

Glad I wasn't alone not knowing the rule change. I assume there is a much better rationale for it all.

3 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It hits him on the green part unless I've seen it wrong?

IMG_20230408_175030_178.jpg

The rule of thumb for a handball is whether or not the ball enlarged his body. Wilson’s hand seemed to me in a natural position, so I really don’t get the decision. 

2 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

The rule of thumb for a handball is whether or not the ball enlarged his body. Wilson’s hand seemed to me in a natural position, so I really don’t get the decision. 

When goals are scored they disregard that, they simply look at whether there was contact with the hand, the debate here is whether it struck him below that sleeve point

Look at the Fulham own goal today, Coufal clearly hand balls it but since his action didn't directly lead to a goal it stood whereas last season it would not have counted 

Last post read in this thread was from early March and saw so many posts saying get rid in the summer. There's no need to be so knee-jerky all the time, ASM's thread flips from great to sell at least monthly, almost weekly ffs. :lol:

Edited by Pata

On 09/04/2023 at 02:59, Zero said:

The sub role probably suits him more

It's just great to have 2 strikers both equally capable of scoring.

I do think that international break done him the world of good, coupled with the fact he's watching Isak completely rip it up.

They'll both score important goals between now and the end of the season.

Still pissed off that he had a perfectly good goal struck off, VAR really shouldn't be intervening unless it's a clear and obvious error, and that handball was very far from clear or obvious. Wish refs would stick to their guns more and tell VAR to get to fuck if there is no clear error.

Apart from anything else, it was a classic Wilson finish, the type only real poachers sniff out.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s clearly got his fitness back up, what was missing from his game was his pace and his strength. He was getting bullied off the ball and not getting any space to take shots. Now he’s back to being clinical as fuck and outmuscling defenders. Great news, means he‘ll have a big part to play for us next season in Europe as long as he stays fit