Callum Wilson

Strawberry

5 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

I'd flog him, makes commercial sense, no time for sentiment, Gordon could do a bit of filling in and maybe one or two others bearing in mind when he was injured during the season, there's always another one that comes along.

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

12 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Based on what we paid for Chris Wood, Callum Wilson would theoretically be worth a lot to a team facing relegation and needing goals, cough, cough Everton.

It looks like Wood might have been a British record at the time for an over 30 player, but has since been eclipsed by Casemiro and probably now some Saudi ones, if anyone wants to look them up.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-10-most-expensive-transfers-for-players-over-30-ever

So how much have Everton offered on the back of our Chris Wood rape of Forest coffers?

9 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

His contract should have been sorted last season as if he doesn’t start the majority of games I can see him leaving on a free.

He signed a new contract last season ?

I know most people on here are posting sensible opinions, but I cannot believe anybody would even suggest selling him. He's the last person I'd sell given his importance and the lack of fee we'd get.

He's got to be our most disrespected player. He was written off by loads of our fans after that poor start to 2023 and the knives will be out the next time he goes 5 games without scoring. 

22 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Surely that depends on who we replace him with and if it is a long term improvement.

It is nonsense to believe that anyone is going to pay 50m for Callum Wilson.

Nobody is going to pay us enough to replace him. No one who could afford him is going to pay the price. Those that could afford the price are either too well run to take such a risk or have better prospects. Spending 50M on an injury-prone, 31 year old striker is Everton territory.