Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Yep. 13/13 now. I think the same. As he’s taken a few iffy ones for us, last night included. But you can’t argue with his record. 

Thought he was an odd choice for MOTM. As I don’t even think he was our best player. I thought yet again, Schar was. Never mind some of their players. But I suppose he has got us a point and the first goal was great improvisation from him.   

15 hours ago, joeyt said:

Honourable mention for him becoming our 3rd top PL goalscorer

Thought his finish for the first goal was brilliant despite him missing the easier effort

But not even in the top 40 all-time NUFC goal scorers.....

4 hours ago, Deuce said:

I was using 'toon1892.com'.....

Anyway, I mentioned it because I find it so irritating that 'records' tend to get limited to the PL era these days.

Edited by Jinky
typo

On 18/05/2023 at 23:14, Ronaldo said:

Ooooh good timing.

Wilson has been unbelievably good this season apart from that bizarre 2 and a half months when he looked dead. Those two penalties against Leeds in front of mincing radgies sum him up - balls as big as an Irish broad’s ass, to quote Ralph Cifaretto. Ba was outrageously good at scoring half chances and better footballer overall. Callum has at least proved me wrong to be so sure of it. 

Ask me again in 10 days.

5 months late :lol: but thoughts on this again? Ba or Wilson?

I'd say Wilson is definitely our best since Shearer as it stands; his goals and goals per 90 even in Bruce's teams is superb. I do however think Isak should take the 'best since Shearer' title off Wilson eventually. Wilson is a fantastic poacher but his all round play outside the box flatters to deceive imo. Our press and build up is much better with Isak up front.

2 hours ago, Jinky said:

I was using 'toon1892.com'.....

Anyway, I mentioned it because I find it so irritating that 'records' tend to get limited to the PL era these days.

Why is that? There has always been a top division in English football. Who cares what you call it?

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

5 months late :lol: but thoughts on this again? Ba or Wilson?

I'd say Wilson is definitely our best since Shearer as it stands; his goals and goals per 90 even in Bruce's teams is superb. I do however think Isak should take the 'best since Shearer' title off Wilson eventually. Wilson is a fantastic poacher but his all round play outside the box flatters to deceive imo. Our press and build up is much better with Isak up front.

Isak is our best forward since Shearer just for his entire contribution, and to be honest he’s a slight improvement away from being better. Wilson our best goalscorer and out and out striker since Shearer.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

I think Isak is a slight improvement away from being better than Shearer - for us, certainly. I rate him very highly, if that wasn’t obvious.

The Shearer pre-Goodison injury was phenomenal for us. Isak’s brilliant but not sure he’ll ever quite reach those levels.

Obviously he’s probably better than the one-legged, couldn’t run Shearer, that scored 20 a season through sheer willpower towards the end.

Isak doesn’t have the brute force and willpower of Shearer, he’s not as good in the air or at striking the ball with power. However, he’s a world apart from Shearer in terms of dribbling. Shearer was the better out and out striker at his best but Isak will offer more in his all round game and he’ll continue to improve a lot more too. He’s a phenomenal player who has pretty much all the attributes (apart, possibly, from having that steely will t win) to become a top three striker in the world for years to come