Callum Wilson

Strawberry

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, LFEE said:

@Theregularscalled this months ago. Think he predicted a Saudi move but West Ham interest might give him food for thought. Was £26m being banded about yesterday?

Anything over £20 million and it's a no brainer. £26 million would be fantastic business.

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

There is that.

Reckon Saudi would cough it up nee botha, but I doubt a PL club would 

Aye agree, but if 25 million for ASM was fair market value I don’t think over 20 for Wilson would be considered. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Aye agree, but if 25 million for ASM was fair market value I don’t think over 20 for Wilson would be considered. 

And this why it's impossible to fairly value players with the inflated prices paid by the Saudi League. He's been in the England squad and a champions league team for a league wanting to raise it's profile, so there's logically that.

But then we'd still have to prove it.

West Ham apparently showing interest at those prices might be interesting, then. 

If we can get over £20m and replace him with DCL I think that’s fairly good business. 

That said, I love Wilson and he’s been up there with one of the better strikers we’ve had here in my life time. Only Ba comes close post-Shearer. I’ll still be sad to see him go despite the injuries.