Callum Wilson

Strawberry

He’s stepped up in a big way, honestly thought he looked finished back in Feb, but like all top players do, he’s made doubters eat their words. 

I think Isak has pushed him to a new level. Perhaps also his conditioning is in a better place now he doesn’t absolutely have to start every game, due to lack of options elsewhere.

Think the role of an impact sub will really suit him at this stage of his career.

He's has a lot of injuries and managing his minutes will keep his body well rested. There's nothing to say he can't impact every game by coming on for 30 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

You wouldn’t start him after that?

I wouldn't be against starting him. He obviously will start some games.

I just think playing a 50 game year next year will mean that we will have to be even more careful about not burning him out (like Feb this year).

We all saw what 2 games a week did to him when Isak was injured.

I think if you limit his minutes to 30 a game, with the odd start, you'll see a huge return.

From 7 appearances this month, he's started twice and it seems to suit him. He looks much fresher.

Just now, The Butcher said:

Would rather just start one of them and have the other one on the bench for now. If we start both we have no striking options in reserve.

Will it matter when we’re 3 goals ahead by HT?

If Longstaff and ASM are both still out then I'd find it very hard to suggest a better option than starting the two of them.

Gordon and Murphy as the two wingers has been tried twice now and both times we've been absolutely shite with that setup.

Have a go at them, fuck it.

As well as wanting to be club's top scorer, I imagine he'll want to rank as highly as possible amongst his England rivals. He's just taken over Ollie Watkins, and is one behind Rashford. Toney still 5 ahead.

Edited by Superior Acuña