Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Wow, forgotten what it was like to see a striker that is a natural No9 and just doesn't let the defenders settle.   Superb last night, and he is so good at the smart nasty stuff!   Love the guy!

said it in the chris wood thread a couple of weeks ago but a fully fit Wilson is fucking awsome.

he definitely would have been back up to Kane at the euros if he'd stayed fit.

Must be a pain in the ass to play against. Reminds me a bit of playing against Osimhen. So physical. (Personally I haven’t played against Osimhen just to make sure) 

I love that he's also a right shithouse.

That blocking of Ramsdale's distribution, winding up their centre backs etc but the funniest thing, if you watch the second goal back, is he goes down looking for a pen and acting hurt. When the ball hits the net, he's up like lightning [emoji38] and celebrating.

Our shithouse.

Get another striker in of similar quality next season, and we're laughing like. He makes such a difference to our overall game so if we can get someone else in as well, so when Wilson's inevitable injury comes next season, we have someone to step straight in. Who knows, if Wilson isn't playing every single game next season, he might not get injured as often?

10 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

We definitely need a more reliable starting striker because of his injury issues but that might be the best SJP performance from a forward in our colours without a goal since Viduka against Boro in ‘09. Superb threat through. 

We need a reliable starting striker AND Callum Wilson. At his age the transfer fee would be pointless, but we should aim for the very best we can get and make Callum fight to get the shirt. He will need to be some player mind, Wilson is one of the best strikers in the PL.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

We need a reliable starting striker AND Callum Wilson. At his age the transfer fee would be pointless, but we should aim for the very best we can get and make Callum fight to get the shirt. He will need to be some player mind, Wilson is one of the best strikers in the PL.

Said this for a while, outside the top 4 there are few/no number 9's better than a fully fit Callum Wilson.

Realistically I don't think we'll sign anyone better than him, maybe some one a bit younger who he can help coach a bit and come into the team when he's out. Even if you only get 15 games a season out of him he's worth keeping if he plays like last night.

I have been banging the Andrea Belotti drum for the longest time on the "Realistic Transfer Targets" thread - he can be the Craig Bellamy to Wilson's Shearer. Fast, strong, skillful, can play anywhere in a front three, can play alongside Wilson, and can substitute for Wilson when he's injured.

Best of all, he's on a free. Just need a nice signing-on fee and we can get him and Ekitike as the young talent. Ditch Gayle and...erm...Wood.

He does everything. That we ever managed to sign him in the Ashley era is ridiculous. I've no doubt the Bruce regime and our appalling lack of recovery facilities will have worsened his injury problems. Hopefully with the start of upgraded facilities and more time back under Howe we get more out of him

Edited by xLiaaamx

If you look at his injury history under Howe at Bournemouth he actually went through 17/18, 18/19 and 19/20 missing only a few PL games a season besides one hamstring issue that kept him out for 8 games in 18/19. Obviously age/accumulation are going to factor but at a first glance it looks that his fitness was far better managed there under Howe than it was here under Bruce (shocker), I understand he did his cruciate twice before those 3 seasons but to my understanding that type of injury just happens when it happens rather than the poorly managed muscle injuries hes sustained here. 

Maybe with a whole pre season under Howe and a bit of luck we could get more games of out him next season.

Edited by Nine