Callum Wilson

Strawberry

I disagree about Ba being overrated, he was quality.

Definitely agree about Cabaye though. Could ping a great set piece and play a great pass but he was massively a moments player for me. Couldn't really dribble with the ball and physically never dominated games - I think you need at least one of the two to be a top class modern centre mid. One who shines brighter because of the era he played in.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Can't remember who it was, but whoever was saying that Ba was a better, more complete striker than Wilson is having a laugh like. 

Ba’s our best striker since Shearer, and I adore Wilson.

I think Cabaye really flourished for being alongside peak Tiote. He did the physical stuff, and let Cabaye get on with the playmaker role. 

Cabaye did have a decent 'whippy' tackle if he needed to make one mind. A bit like Beardsley, come to that 

I think that's the thing with debates about great players - it's often about who they are playing with and that connection as much as it is about their individual skill. Going back to Beardsley, for example, he elevated Andy Cole to a whole new level.

4 hours ago, Emotic said:

I have been banging the Andrea Belotti drum for the longest time on the "Realistic Transfer Targets" thread - he can be the Craig Bellamy to Wilson's Shearer. Fast, strong, skillful, can play anywhere in a front three, can play alongside Wilson, and can substitute for Wilson when he's injured.

Best of all, he's on a free. Just need a nice signing-on fee and we can get him and Ekitike as the young talent. Ditch Gayle and...erm...Wood.

Wants Milan though? 

https://football-italia.net/belotti-snubs-newcastle-united-as-he-waits-for-milan-to-call/

For some reason I can't stop going back to that long range effort. Fuck I wish that had gone in. What an incredible goal that would have been. Incredible strength to hold off the defender followed by that strike, would've instantly been goal of the season by a country mile.

There's also something comical about Murphy running into and immediately out of frame in that reverse angle. :lol:

Fucking eyes are bleeding from watching that Arsenal game over and over. 

Apart from his total 90min game, which was top drawer, he could've had 4 "worldies"

The OG, if it came off his foot instead, was some move

The volley off of Bruno's outrageous dink, pure sex

The snap shot from Kraft's pass

The long range chip

7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

little dig in his post match interview about "Miggy shooting from angles".

should've had a hat trick.

Should have totally passed that like! That's why Miggy doesn't have more assists than he should do. 

You can't criticise wor Miggy because he smiles and runs around a lot, the two main attributes for a successful footballer.

Edited by Beth