Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Lengthy injury lay off and he comes back into the side brimming with confidence. He’s unshakeable in his own self belief and ability, and I hope he manages to stay fit because he will propel us forward big style. 

8 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I don't mind Wood but we would have lost that yesterday if he had started in Wilson's place.

I think thats a bit unfair, you could also say that had we started Gayle in Woods place since January we wouldnt have won any of those games either. Wilson without doubt has a massive upside on Wood, on ability and being suited to this side/the style Howe has them playing but using Wilson being better as stick to beat Wood with is harsh [emoji38] 

You might be right mind, Wilson did make a huge difference last night. 

Edited by Nine

4 hours ago, Minhosa said:

I love that he's also a right shithouse.

That blocking of Ramsdale's distribution, winding up their centre backs etc but the funniest thing, if you watch the second goal back, is he goes down looking for a pen and acting hurt. When the ball hits the net, he's up like lightning [emoji38] and celebrating.

Our shithouse.

Very Shearer-esque 

Loved his performance last night even the shithouse bits of it. 

So aggressive in chasing the ball down as well, he was a nightmare for the Arsenal centre halves, it would be great if he can stay fit next season.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Can't remember who it was, but whoever was saying that Ba was a better, more complete striker than Wilson is having a laugh like. 

Steady 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Can't remember who it was, but whoever was saying that Ba was a better, more complete striker than Wilson is having a laugh like. 

Nah, Ba was better IMO!

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Behind only Cabaye as the most overrated player of the Ashley era. He was quality, but there's some serious rose-tinted glasses with him among our fans imo. 

Strong disagree [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Behind only Cabaye as the most overrated player of the Ashley era. He was quality, but there's some serious rose-tinted glasses with him among our fans imo. 

Eh? :lol:

Probably 2 of very few who’d slot into the Keegan & Robson squads from the last 18 years for me.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

I think thats a bit unfair, you could also say that had we started Gayle in Woods place since January we wouldnt have won any of those games either. Wilson without doubt has a massive upside on Wood, on ability and being suited to this side/the style Howe has them playing but using Wilson being better as stick to beat Wood with is harsh [emoji38] 

You might be right mind, Wilson did make a huge difference last night. 

I'm not talking about any of the other games (in which I thought Wood has played an important role). I'm talking specifically about Wilson's performance last night.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Mental takes…

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I honestly don't get it like. How on earth would Demba Ba be getting in the Keegan or Robson teams? :lol:

Cabaye is better than Jenas & Speed were for starters like, and Lee Clark pre-David Batty.

Ba’s goal record is crazy for us as a number 9 as well. As a centre-forward he scored 29 Premier League goals in 41 appearances. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

6 hours ago, Minhosa said:

I love that he's also a right shithouse.

That blocking of Ramsdale's distribution, winding up their centre backs etc but the funniest thing, if you watch the second goal back, is he goes down looking for a pen and acting hurt. When the ball hits the net, he's up like lightning [emoji38] and celebrating.

Our shithouse.

His game IQ is next level, it also stopped him interfering with play and getting caught offside.

30 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Cabaye is better than Jenas & Speed were for starters like, and Lee Clark pre-David Batty.

Ba’s goal record is crazy for us as a number 9 as well. As a centre-forward he scored 29 Premier League goals in 41 appearances. 

Fair enough. When you're saying Keegan and Robson's teams I'm thinking of the finished best XI tbh, that's why I'm saying neither get in and, apples and oranges but Cabaye wasn't better than Speed for me, definitely not.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I just remember for a lot of the time after the 4th placed finish the fans calling for him to be replaced. Different sort of midfielder but Cabaye measures up to him for me. Up until Ben Arfa got in the team and Cisse arrived, Coloccini, Cabaye & Ba were our 3 class acts keeping us within the top 4 chase.