Football governance

Nobody

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Leeds fans expecting there to be a crowd there tonight voicing opposition to this. 

Be good if they can be picked up on the mics but depending on where Sky currently are they'll cut it.

7 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

I personally only watch Newcastle matches. I have no interest in Bayern v PSG or Burnley v Southampton.

I've probably watched a handful of CL games since BT got the rights. Haven't missed it at all really, group stages in particular are dull as shite. 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Be good if they can be picked up on the mics but depending on where Sky currently are they'll cut it.

oh sky are against it, hell they brought neville onto MNF tonight specifically because of this 

1 minute ago, Foluwashola said:

I've probably watched a handful of CL games since BT got the rights. Haven't missed it at all really, group stages in particular are dull as shite. 

The group stages are dull usually but no more dull than the average PL game. The knockouts are consistently the best thing in football outside international tournaments

The gun is loaded and it’s pointed at our domestic game and the domestic games in other countries. The trigger is going to be pulled, the question is who is going to pull it.

If the Premier League let it happen alongside the league, then our league is automatically devalued. As soon as one of those teams go a few points clear at the top, all of a sudden the other 5 clubs will stop playing their best players. Why would they? They won’t be threatened by a lack of Europe or Champions League, they will still unlikely get relegated, not that it would be much of a threat anymore in anyway, only a minor inconvenience. It will be much better for them to play their strongest teams in the ESL. Soon you’ll have Liverpool suddenly playing their kids against Norwich in a relegation battle, whilst they played their strongest team against Watford.

How long can that survive before the likes of Sky, BT, Amazon and other sponsors suddenly say the product is tarnished and what they are paying is too much and we are suddenly getting offered EFL and SPFL type deals? How soon until the sponsors of other clubs suddenly say it’s not worth having their name on the shirt, or corporate sponsors aren’t interested if the box the have is showing the home team vs Chelsea generic regen player number 5?

On the other hand if the Premier League and FA tell them to go, we are shooting ourselves, it will be a bit more immediate in the sponsorship turn off, but at least this way we can keep our integrity, our clubs go back to having and equal share and equal say. No more threats every 3 years so the top 6 clubs can get more money, and maybe finally we can reset football and actually commit to building it back up and trickling the money back down the leagues and into grass roots.

The gun is loaded, pull the trigger.

Is Neville on MNF tonight? He wan't due to be on. Was supposed to be Carragher and Robbie Fowler. Going to tune in tonight then. Hope all hell breaks loose in the studio and on the pitch. So good when we're not the main villains in the drama and we can watch it.

8 minutes ago, triggs said:

The group stages are dull usually but no more dull than the average PL game. The knockouts are consistently the best thing in football outside international tournaments

Meh, no doubting there's been some fantastic games, Spurs / Liverpool comebacks etc. 

Looking at the semi-final line-up though, genuinely nee interest in which of the 4 vile clubs still in it win. Interest would be even lower still if it were a dead rubber 'Super League' match. Daft bastards.  

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

So what happens to the champions league if this super league goes ahead?

We will win it in the next few years with Steve parading the trophy through the streets on an open top bus 

Just now, andyc35i said:

We will win it in the next few years with Steve parading the trophy through the streets on an open top bus 

I shall be buying my Carcano rifle and hiding in myself in the tallest building.

12 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Is Neville on MNF tonight? He wan't due to be on. Was supposed to be Carragher and Robbie Fowler. Going to tune in tonight then. Hope all hell breaks loose in the studio and on the pitch. So good when we're not the main villains in the drama and we can watch it.

I don’t think anything will happen on the pitch. It would magnificent if the players take a stand though. I’d quite like to see the fans lob some turds in from outside too.

Edited by Candi_Hills