Football governance

Nobody

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

If Arsenal suddenly go up for sale after this, does that make them a much more attractive prospect than us? A London club, better squad, better setup... hmmm

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/marktwerteverein/wettbewerb/GB1

# club Current value
1 Manchester City £924.30m  
2 Liverpool FC £905.40m  
3 Chelsea FC £701.82m  
4 Manchester United £646.16m  
5 Tottenham Hotspur £612.72m  
6 Arsenal FC £494.19m  
7 Leicester City £428.31m  
8 Everton FC £416.25m  
9 Wolverhampton Wanderers £370.89m  
10 Aston Villa £341.73m  
11 West Ham United £251.78m  
12 Newcastle United £227.43m  
13 Southampton FC £225.45m  
14 Brighton & Hove Albion £223.74m  
15 Fulham FC £200.79m  
16 Leeds United £193.19m  
17 Crystal Palace £182.97m  
18 Sheffield United £137.52m  
19 Burnley FC £117.23m  
20 West Bromwich Albion £109.13m 

It'll be more than that and IIRC Usmanov has been wanting to take full control for ages but has been resisted by Kroenke.

1 minute ago, jdckelly said:

would bet more on potential sponsors and media partners they hoped to fleece for billions might have all been vanishing into the ether with the reaction to this 

Wasn't there supposed to be a two stage meeting between the PL clubs today, first with the remaining 14 and later with all 20. Could be the 14 made it abundantly clear that they would support any proposal to expel any club that would not have pulled out at the time of voting or something of that ilk. For so many clubs to reconsider their stance within the space of a few hours there must have been a significant event triggering it all, and I doubt there wouldn't be interest from broadcasters or sponsors.

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It would take over a billion to buy Arsenal 

Usmanov sold his shares, which were about 30% of the club for £550m. That was in 2018, the price will only have gone up. PIF have already walked away from 3 clubs who have price tags of £2bn or over.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Wow. I presume "we" refers to the Liverpool squad and not PL captains, but surely a big blow for their American owners.

Looks like all Liverpool players are tweeting the same statement.

7 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a two stage meeting between the PL clubs today, first with the remaining 14 and later with all 20. Could be the 14 made it abundantly clear that they would support any proposal to expel any club that would not have pulled out at the time of voting or something of that ilk. For so many clubs to reconsider their stance within the space of a few hours there must have been a significant event triggering it all, and I doubt there wouldn't be interest from broadcasters or sponsors.

problem was according to the rules you need 75% of clubs in favour of expelling a club, 14 isn't enough 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Hate to say it but I think a lot of credit is likely to go to Henderson. He sounds like a exceptional organiser and figurehead for not only players at Liverpool but generally in the PL. Mackem cunt.

Yep, was thinking the same. (disgusting mackem bastard)

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Hate to say it but I think a lot of credit is likely to go to Henderson. He sounds like a exceptional organiser and figurehead for not only players at Liverpool but generally in the PL. Mackem cunt.

yep, he's the one who organised a premier league player reaction and donation to nhs last year during first covid lockdown wasn't he?