Football governance

Nobody

Just now, duo said:

Don't think they had any broadcasters who were willing to show it ha

That is the more likely scenario.

A few significant sponsors have probably pulled out over the events of the last 24 hours and the damage it could do to their own brand.

4 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Hmmm..what is really going on here.

I'm not having it that it's because of a few protests like.

I think it was the protests.  Chelsea and Man City must have really been on the fence.  Once Chelsea decided, then Man City and the others saw the writing on the wall.

-No broadcaster wanting to touch the toxic brand with a barge pole

-Governments preparing to pass new legislation to ban it to fuck over their legal battle

-Huge backlash from everyone including top players and managers

Amazed this didn't work out.

Just now, Sima said:

That is the more likely scenario.

A few significant sponsors have probably pulled out over the events of the last 24 hours and the damage it could do to their own brand.

am sure Amazon had already released a statement with concerns about competition.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Wait, didn't they all resign from the ECA? Can they rejoin again just like that?

Might just be like the Beano fan club.  26p postal order and you’re back in.

2 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

They'll have learned many a lesson over this. None of this is really over until the ownership issues are genuinely dealt with, which honestly, I don't think the Tories will go far enough to deal with. 

Hopefully they will have learnt that you can’t fuck everyone over at the beginning. Next time hopefully they decide to fuck over only small, low quality leagues and UEFA. Because UEFA suck. 

Edited by Giselle

I'm surprised they've lost their nerve so quickly, like. What a shameful, shameful episode. 

Premier League has totally got away with it. Critical that this lesson is learned from and tighter controls are put on ownership. Hold little faith of it happening though. 

It would be interesting if any other owners or directors had actually broke rules as per the current test for this season and in effect created a huge scenario about them being fit or purpose. Any familiar with the rules?!

Just now, BlufPurdi said:

They'll have learned many a lesson over this. None of this is really over until the ownership issues are genuinely dealt with, which honestly, I don't think the Tories will go far enough to deal with. 

Tbf, they might just do so. Easy win for votes to stop this ever happening again and it diverts attention for a bit from the usual Tory backhanders/COVID handling/brexit fuckup...

Also football keeps the masses happy, usually in pubs spending money keeping out the way.