Football governance

Nobody

🎙

| Florentino Perez: "Always the same 15 teams in the Super League? Well Real Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona always enter the European competitions. The same happens with the Serie A clubs.''

heres a free business hint for Perez if you losing loads of money and increasing income in the current market is not an option then maybe cut costs? Spend less on transfers/wages/agents fees don't spend big money on redeveloping the bernabeu in the middle of a fucking pandemic when you or anybody else in the world doesn't have a clue when fans will be allowed back in at full capacity! but that wouldn't keep the socios of Real Madrid as placid slaves allowing you to do whatever the fuck you want. 

Edited by jdckelly

also love this bit he's adamant 40% of 16-24 year olds don't watch football, well number 1 that means 60% do watch football and your never going to get 100% number 2 maybe stop fucking pricing them out of it you greedy cunt! 

5 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How much would people be willing to pay for a Premier League TV streaming service? Every game live, other programming, documentaries, etc.

We can get every match through Peacock Premium over here (NBC's steaming service) and it's only $4.99/mo.

15 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

heres a free business hint for Perez if you losing loads of money and increasing income in the current market is not an option then maybe cut costs? Spend less on transfers/wages/agents fees don't spend big money on redeveloping the bernabeu in the middle of a fucking pandemic when you or anybody else in the world doesn't have a clue when fans will be allowed back in at full capacity! but that wouldn't keep the socios of Real Madrid as placid slaves allowing you to do whatever the fuck you want. 

Ugh, not to defend these assholes but cutting costs isn’t very easy. In order to maintain the status they have to attract the best players. This is what actual competition looks like. (Inflated numbers aside). 

To sound like a broken record, these clubs are businesses, nothing more and nothing less. 

13 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

also love this bit he's adamant 40% of 16-24 year olds don't watch football, well number 1 that means 60% do watch football and your never going to get 100% number 2 maybe stop fucking pricing them out of it you greedy cunt! 

Also more people might watch if the competition itself was more of a competition rather than 3 teams out if 20 having a realistic chance because the financial situation has been screwed that way.

22 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Ugh, not to defend these assholes but cutting costs isn’t very easy. In order to maintain the status they have to attract the best players. This is what actual competition looks like. (Inflated numbers aside). 

To sound like a broken record, these clubs are businesses, nothing more and nothing less. 

well find a way to increase revenue without breaking football forever to satisfy your desire to give money to mino fucking raiola, God I hate these bastards 

14 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

well find a way to increase revenue without breaking football forever to satisfy your desire to give money to mino fucking raiola, God I hate these bastards 

That isn’t the desire though :lol:  

If they could cut agents out believe me they would. They know that without decision making power they are extremely limited in the bullshit which they can implement. 

I’m so glad this blew up, it makes it extremely difficult for them to try and pull this shit again. 

the surprising thing to me is how badly they handled it. They didn’t try and being anyone with them they just gave everyone the finger. 

9h

Studio microphone

| Florentino Perez: "People say this isn't about football merit, but it's wrong. Those 15 clubs earned it on the pitch, they've been winning trophies for the last 20 years. How can you say they haven't earned it?" #rmalive

🎙

| Florentino Perez: "Always the same 15 teams in the Super League? Well Real Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona always enter the European competitions. The same happens with the Serie A clubs.'' #rmalive

Studio microphone

| Florentino Perez: "It's impossible to make signings like Mbappé and Haaland without the Super League." #rmalive

Studio microphone

| Florentino Perez: "Not just for us, there will be NO big signings this summer, for ANY club, without the Super League." #rmalive

Studio microphone

| Journalist: "So it's over, you're not signing Mbappé? -Florentino Perez: "That's not what I said. That's for next season. Right now we're working on this season."

🎙

| Florentino Perez: "We are heading towards a €180 million loss this season." #rmalive

🎙

| Florentino Perez: "I know Mbappe. I know everybody and I'm friends with everybody.'' #rmalive

Studio microphone

| Florentino Perez: "When I took over, Madrid could not pay its players. We changed the world with the Galactico signings. Now after COVID-19, things have to change again." #rmalive

🎙

| Florentino Perez: "Change the Real Madrid squad? We have the best players in the world.'' #rmalive

This entitled fucker needs to be taken down a few pegs. What he and other presidents of these clubs have done is snap up all the best players mortgaging the club, and now they want to pull up the draw bridge to the rest of football to keep doing what they have been doing for the past two decades and to pay the rent on their massive debts because they risk going under. Fuck them I say.

Obvious economic benefits for the Premier League and for Celtic and Rangers - despite them saying goodbye to success forever and European qualification at least in the short term - but I can't see any benefit whatsoever for Scottish football. If there was a bridge/tunnel to Northern Ireland perhaps there could be an amalgamation there which would compensate for Scottish football's loss, meanwhile providing provide some wider net gain to everyone involved, but there isn't, so the logistics don't work. 

Fuck knows. Think it's inevitable we're going to see some cross-border groupings eventually (Benelux?), but fail to see how this would do anything for the greater good. I can see why they're releasing it now, mind. The fury is already there at the moment and still being directed at the Super League.