Football governance

Nobody

7 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

But let's say Newcastle won a trophy (using strong imagination) - what's the achievement?

6 teams have deemed it beneath them, so it's meaningless. Like the Papa John's Trophy.

I’m sure Celtic didn’t think that when Rangers were demoted all those years ago. There are plenty good teams remaining in the premier and I’d rather challenge for trophies in a new PL than continue year in and year out, just fighting to be 15th. However I understand where you are coming from with a devalued competition, though I’d still rather have a chance of success rather than constant failure.

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Hope to fuck they get punished and not just a "welcome back, no more mistakes ok?" 

Of course they won’t get punished :lol: 

Well, beyond a fine that amounts to a day of Christian Pulisic’s wages.

Edited by Sima

Well, surely wrecks the whole thing then if Chelsea go. They haven't even got their founding 15 agreed in the first place, and now they're down to 11 already?

Yes, there should be punishment for every team that signed up, but the worst should be for those clubs who were most active in sorting it.

I also wonder if contracts were signed, they might even all have some external financial penalties there as well.

Oh, and hahahaha.

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Hope to fuck they get punished and not just a "welcome back, no more mistakes ok?" 

If they're punished it'll be something insignificant to them. Those 6 clubs have the Premier League and Masters on strings and will continue to do so despite everything that has gone down in the last few days. 

13 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

I'd agree that it'd feel slightly hollow, because of the circumstances, but at least everyone else was there to compete and beat.

I thought that when first announced but not at all now, I'd take great pleasure in enjoying the league without that lot when it's on our terms (i.e. us kicking them out)

more importantly now if chelsea are out theres theoretically enough to start expelling other premier league clubs who might cling onto the super league idea (you need 75% in favour of expelling a member not just 14)