Football governance

Nobody

6 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

UEFA have completely squandered their unmitigated leverage by pushing through those ridiculous Swiss Model reforms to the competition, even while all this was collapsing.

Morons.

No problem, just take it out for the following season.

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

No problem, just take it out for the following season.

They won’t unfortunately, Ceferin was practically falling over himself to congratulate Man City’s ‘historic’ reversal yesterday.

He’s not going to do anything to shake relations with the big clubs, except perhaps not sending Agnelli a dinner invitation.

The greatest gift this nonsense has given us is the outright exposure how fractured the game has become through greed, grift and how little regard there is for fans of the game. You have to be willfully ignorant, dumb (not care one way or another) or in on the grift to not feel like Football is completely fucked.

28 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

If there was ever a bloke that "rides with the tide" it's Lineker. Grow a pair, Gary. 

I don't dislike him (actually I'd go as far as to say I quite like him), but he's not the one to challenge the establishment in any meaningful way.

6 minutes ago, Beren said:

I don't dislike him (actually I'd go as far as to say I quite like him), but he's not the one to challenge the establishment in any meaningful way.

Forever down the middle is Gary. Which is fine, that's how he gets paid, but maybe it's better to say nothing at all if that's his point of view. 

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Forever down the middle is Gary. Which is fine, that's how he gets paid, but maybe it's better to say nothing at all if that's his point of view. 

tenor.gif

42 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

They won’t unfortunately, Ceferin was practically falling over himself to congratulate Man City’s ‘historic’ reversal yesterday.

He’s not going to do anything to shake relations with the big clubs, except perhaps not sending Agnelli a dinner invitation.

thing is they could, what are the big clubs going to do? walk away they tried that and its one of the most spectacular failures in footballing history. The big threat uefa have been worried about for 20-30 years is done so if they wanted they could move away from stupidity like the swiss model. Now they won't because they want to make as much money as possible too and want clubs with big markets in by any means necessary so better save a couple of spots

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Anyone else gutted our 6 legacy clubs withdrew, I was hoping they’d fuck off for good and leave the real footy stuff up to the real proper clubs who don’t share their grande delusions and grotesque greed at the expense of, well, the whole of football. If they don’t receive severe punishment (the owners/directors at least) then this means nothing and they will more than likely be even more powerful domestically. Throw the book at them, fuck them.

I said something similar yesterday. We've played in the Championship in recent years, was hardly going to be unfathomable to play in a Premier without the 'big 6' clubs. My view has always been they need the PL more than NUFC needs them. It could only have worked for them if they were allowed to compete in domestic football as well, if they got kicked out the ESL brand would have died a slow death IMO. Everything which works about English football is built around regional city rivalries and the tribal nature of fans in stadiums. 

My Liverpool and City supporting friends were fuming and saying "I understand how you feel about Newcastle now" but since the super league has failed they don't want to talk about it anymore. I said they should still be angry that the owners of their clubs tried to subvert competition and never apologised to other clubs for that. They've moved on apparently now - "I'm alright Jack"

1 minute ago, cookidge said:

My Liverpool and City supporting friends were fuming and saying "I understand how you feel about Newcastle now" but since the super league has failed they don't want to talk about it anymore. I said they should still be angry that the owners of their clubs tried to subvert competition and never apologised to other clubs for that. They've moved on apparently now - "I'm alright Jack"

Yup. Getting a lot of "no need for punishment, the clubs have apologised, time to move on". The cheeky tw*ts.

3 minutes ago, cookidge said:

Telling lack of conversation about the whole thing in group chats. Got a good few mates whoa re just out and out plastics. 

1 minute ago, Rosenrot said:

Yup. Getting a lot of "no need for punishment, the clubs have apologised, time to move on". The cheeky tw*ts.

"Rules for thee, but not for me!" 

If the "Big 6" are in constant greed mode, why aren't the "Small 14" doing the same to get a leg up? Fucking hell, I wish they went through with it like a lot of you have mentioned since yesterday.