Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Stones and Dias absolute monsters. In the way of everything. Bruno not firing tonight. Fernandinho banging one in from 20 yards and John Stones scoring with his thigh. Not our night at all. Martial was dreadful. Desperately missed Cavani.

City are annoyingly good in this competition. :lol: Another semi final loss for us.

Who've you got in the cup? Fernandes looked shagged second half.

Watford. He'll be rested you would hope. Need to focus on the league. Burnley on Tuesday.

I already hate Klopp this season, but playing the likes of Salah against a bunch of children tonight finally destroys any last shred of credibility when it comes to his whining on about subs and fixtures.

This

And also, what an unsporting cunt.

Daft question, but why is Villa's side so young?

Obviously can't play the positive players, but they've got a first team squad . Surely they've enough first team players left to field an XI?

Because the entire first team squad and entire coaching staff have been forced to self isolate after a mass outbreak of covid - all of them, all players, Smith, Terry, the coaching staff, the lot of them.

It's basically anyone who was training as part of or with the first team squad at the training ground. The U23s work in a totally seperate building.

I already hate Klopp this season, but playing the likes of Salah against a bunch of children tonight finally destroys any last shred of credibility when it comes to his whining on about subs and fixtures.

100%. It’s a malicious team selection in my opinion, just going off the teams Liverpool have put out in the cup in his time there. Like you say he can’t say fuck all about the 5 subs thing now, he’s turned into a right bellend in the past 12 months.

100%. It’s a malicious team selection in my opinion, just going off the teams Liverpool have put out in the cup in his time there. Like you say he can’t say fuck all about the 5 subs thing now, he’s turned into a right bellend in the past 12 months.

Hope Villa kick the absolute fuck out of them on principle alone. Klopp's got every right to pick the team he has but he could have easily rested a few and dealt with Villa's kids easily enough. Can't run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds

Was just thinking their playing much better than we would be, despite having similar stats - 80% something possession and 1 shot on target.

Managed to play out from defence, through midfield and score. Something we've been incapable of doing for 18months.

Don't even need 5 at the back to play against the top sides. Who'd have thunk it