Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Liverpool really miss the legs in midfield with Henderson and Fabinho not in there at the minute.

I feel like Klopp should be using Keita and Ox in there in the meantime rather than Jones and Thiago who just don't seem to be providing enough.

I really I can't place what the f*** has happened to Liverpool, its more then Van Dijk being injured.

Firmino’s ability is very much exposed now. When they were scoring for fun, his poor returns were masked by others.

6 goals in 26 appearances for a top side isn’t good enough.

9 in 38 last season when they won the league at a canter ffs.

More just a slow culmination of little things in addition to losing VvD and Gomez. Mané looks cooked, Firmino doesn’t score enough, bit of aggression gone in midfield, don’t press as hard or high winning turnovers, don’t get the ball forward quick enough, full backs too slow in joining the attack and not crossing from right areas.

He is/was a lot more than just goals though for them though

But what is it he does? He doesn’t score, he doesn’t get many assists. He’s not even particularly high on chances created, especially when you consider who he plays for.

People continuously say that but if you replaced him with a better striker, Liverpool would be much better off.

I really I can't place what the fuck has happened to Liverpool, its more then Van Dijk being injured.

The decision to push Henderson and Fabinho into centre back when they suffered injuries to Van Dijk, Matip and Gomez completely messed up the team dynamic.

It's thrown off the intensity of their press and their ability to win the ball high up the pitch and have teams on the back foot very quickly and create much easier chances.

I really I can't place what the fuck has happened to Liverpool, its more then Van Dijk being injured.

The decision to push Henderson and Fabinho into centre back when they suffered injuries to Van Dijk, Matip and Gomez completely messed up the team dynamic.

It's thrown off the intensity of their press and their ability to win the ball high up the pitch and have teams on the back foot very quickly and create much easier chances.

The full backs were a big part of their attacking threat, and maybe now they're having to concentrate more on defence, with the weakness at centre back that's arisen.

Some of the energy has gone out, and the build-up tends to be slower. They had such a brilliant season last time, with everyone at the top of their game. That sort of drive is hard to sustain.

This happened with Klopp at Dortmund didn't it? One great season followed by a really bad one. Maybe some of his drive has gone, at least temporarily.

Love listening to Tuchel, I feel like I'm learning stuff each interview. :lol:

Lack of rolling up sleeves and dusting down in that interview - left me confused - what’s a counter press? Should be knocking in long and letting your striker flick it on

The new Chelsea are very impressive.

They've got good players and bought well in summer to add more quality. Now they actually have a top manager it's starting to come good.

The full backs were a big part of their attacking threat, and maybe now they're having to concentrate more on defence, with the weakness at centre back that's arisen.

Some of the energy has gone out, and the build-up tends to be slower. They had such a brilliant season last time, with everyone at the top of their game. That sort of drive is hard to sustain.

This happened with Klopp at Dortmund didn't it? One great season followed by a really bad one. Maybe some of his drive has gone, at least temporarily.

the compressed season has to be a factor, their schedule has been rather insane and for a team that was built around a very high energy game with basically no preseason thats my best guess as to why they've fallen apart. The defence basically not being there is a factor but even their attack looks toothless now its beyond defensive issues.

Just seeing Fulham's disallowed goal.

Thank fuck you aren't allowed your arm by your side any more :lol: That's a dreadful decision.

I thought the same, but apparently the rule is that if a handball (accidental or not) directly leads to a goal it's offside. Correct decision based on the rule, but bullshit rule.