Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Slim said:

Yeah of course but his previous level suggests he won't. 

But I will fully admit I was wrong if he scores more than 10 goals.

143 goals in 298 appearances across his entire club career. Don’t get many 1 in 2 strikers, especially when for a season and a half he was a bit-part player for us under Rafa.

Include his international career and it’s even better.

A proven goalscorer who has consistently scored goals across his career at different levels. One bad season in a minging Fulham team the exception rather than the norm.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

143 goals in 298 appearances across his entire club career. Don’t get many 1 in 2 strikers, especially when for a season and a half he was a bit-part player for us under Rafa.

Include his international career and it’s even better.

A proven goalscorer who has consistently scored goals across his career at different levels. One bad season in a minging Fulham team the exception rather than the norm.

I'm counting him not being very good for us on the Prem.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

I'm counting him not being very good for us on the Prem.

Ah right, great point tbf. His first ever season of PL football in a team destined for relegation under McClaren and the shit bastard only got 9 goals.

May as well write him off for the rest of his career. Makes all those other goals he score count for none.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Love those Guineaese kits. Take Chile's kit and add green socks. ACON has been great. Every club I get behind instantly gets knocked out.

I know absolutely nothing about Burkina Faso... A number of years ago (maybe 20 years) their was some kerfuffle about voodoo in the ACON or world cup qualifiers, can't remember. The coach or director of one FA had accused another nation of using voodoo to win a game.  (They had cursed the pitch or something.) The manager of the accused nation responded by saying something like "No, we haven't used voodoo. Voodoo doesn't work in football. If it did work, Burkina Faso would win the World Cup."  That's it. That's all I know about Burkina Faso; they apparently have a reputation.  I wish them well. (And please nobody start a Dembele thread -- wouldn't want it jinxed)

Edited by gazza ladra

1 minute ago, midds said:

Scenes at Derby. Injury time equaliser. Both offside AND dangerous play but given anyway :lol:

On the face of it, they deserve it - should’ve had a pen anyway earlier in the game.

Just goes to remind me how good football is without VAR. Imagine some cretin at St George’s Park ruling that out after them scenes man.

Edited by Fantail Breeze